Lot Cost

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Default Lot Cost

Does anyone know the base lot cost for a Lantana I think that's the house name correct me if I am wrong. And how long is it to build a house Tks in advance
Old 07-26-2010, 10:11 AM

The Villages web site shows a base price of $228,700 for the Lantana. It typically takes around 60 days to build the home, and the closing date is scheduled for approximately 72 days from the date you sign the purchase contract.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,536 Times in 1,922 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSims View Post
The Villages web site shows a base price of $228,700 for the Lantana. It typically takes around 60 days to build the home, and the closing date is scheduled for approximately 72 days from the date you sign the purchase contract.
That would be on a 0$ lot. Generally they take a little bigger lot. Most of them turn out to start about 285K with mimimum lot, no view, usually more.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Smile

Thank you
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That would be on a 0$ lot. Generally they take a little bigger lot. Most of them turn out to start about 285K with mimimum lot, no view, usually more.
Gracie, you're good. We priced a Gardenia out stretching on 3 sides and getting most of the bells and whistles. $285 K but we would need a big corner lot that would run $15 to $30K (if we were lucky). Back in Feb our broker couldn't even find one for us. We have till 2013 (hopefully early in the year) but will try to get it purchased in 2012. So I have a while to polish my golf game...
Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
Gracie, you're good. We priced a Gardenia out stretching on 3 sides and getting most of the bells and whistles. $285 K but we would need a big corner lot that would run $15 to $30K (if we were lucky). Back in Feb our broker couldn't even find one for us. We have till 2013 (hopefully early in the year) but will try to get it purchased in 2012. So I have a while to polish my golf game...
Try pricing the same with a Begonia --same as the Gardina except for the placement of the Golf cart garage ---
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie52 View Post
Try pricing the same with a Begonia --same as the Gardina except for the placement of the Golf cart garage ---
I know, my better half wants the Gardenia. I'm out voted...Not the Camelia either cause of the block stucco thing...I'm just delerious she wants to retire here as she doesn't play golf and never will...
Old 07-26-2010, 03:10 PM

The base price is really just that. The fine print under the base price states the following:

"Pricing is reflective of the base home, accoutrements & homesite. Individual pricing may differ due to personal selections offered such as structural enhancements, oversized or view homesites, swimming pools, spas, etc."

The first sentence of the disclaimer would lead you to believe that some type of basic interior lot is included in the price, but, maybe not. That is a question that you need to get answered by someone in the Villages Sales Office.

Good luck in your house hunting adventure.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSims View Post
The base price is really just that. The fine print under the base price states the following:

"Pricing is reflective of the base home, accoutrements & homesite. Individual pricing may differ due to personal selections offered such as structural enhancements, oversized or view homesites, swimming pools, spas, etc."

The first sentence of the disclaimer would lead you to believe that some type of basic interior lot is included in the price, but, maybe not. That is a question that you need to get answered by someone in the Villages Sales Office.

Good luck in your house hunting adventure.
A basic lot is included with your house.. But, we want to expand 2 ft on one side and add a golf cart garage on the other. That was the issue. Our compromise might be a 4ft garage side extension. TOTVers recommend to get the largest garage possible. It' only money....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.