Lots for sale $0?

Old 01-20-2024, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I disagree....................there are thousands and thousands of Villagers who paid zero premium for their lots and absolutely love their lot, their home, their neighborhood.
Exactly correct not everyone wants, needs or can afford a premium lot but still love their individual village and the overall beauty and lifestyle.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjansson View Post
I just bought a $0 lot and had a designer home put on it and I'm extremely happy with my choice! Nothing wrong with the lots, I have Chandler Rd. in my backyard but a beautiful pond view from my lanai. The lot has enough size to add a pool if I wanted to. The people next to me paid $15,000 for their lot and it's identical. And then one on the other side is a corner lot and they paid $45,000 for the over sized basically identical lot and view. I think it's just an incentive to build there because once people start moving in it's like the seal of approval.
Would you be willing to say what you built and the total cost?
Old 01-20-2024, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,958 Times in 2,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I disagree....................there are thousands and thousands of Villagers who paid zero premium for their lots and absolutely love their lot, their home, their neighborhood.
Cause the can’t afford premium lots or don’t want to keep up with the smiths or jones. agree there are thousands of standard lots just have to get rid of so there cheaper and the majority basic lots in villages.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,958 Times in 2,466 Posts

Quote:
I just bought a $0 lot and had a designer home put on it and I'm extremely happy with my choice! Nothing wrong with the lots, I have Chandler Rd. in my backyard but a beautiful pond view from my lanai. The lot has enough size to add a pool if I wanted to. The people next to me paid $15,000 for their lot and it's identical. And then one on the other side is a corner lot and they paid $45,000 for the over sized basically identical lot and view. I think it's just an incentive to build there because once people start moving in it's like the seal of approval.
You can probably bet they got their 15K somehow.
Old 01-20-2024, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,916 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
Exactly correct. We bought a $12,000 lot next to a $20,000 on one side and a $45,000 lot on the other side. The lot itself is slightly smaller than the $20,000 lot, but same views, and better views than the $45,000 lot. It was a development starter lot to get the 99 lot development up and going for the other sales to people who need to see houses instead of dirt to buy.

In my first MBA marketing course, the first concept taught was the two different types of sales reps, which equates to the types of buyers:

Shoes salesmen:
Rep A) assigned to an undeveloped region with people with no shoes: Look at all the new opportunities!
Rep B) assigned to a developed region with people with shoes: Look at all the existing resale opportunities!

Some people couldn't buy a parcel of dirt and build with no rec center started, no athletic fields started, no shopping center started, no bridge started because they are visually oriented in the present, and have a hard time envisioning the future development or promises by the developer.

Those types prefer lots with visual development and prefer fully developed neighborhoods, can touch and see the house, etc, prior to buying. That's the model the developers have trended towards, versus the custom built with amenities in the future. .

which kind of buyer are you?
Old 01-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The zero dollar lots require you to schedule a design appointment for building a Villages house. There are prerequisites as to what size, if it requires a golf cart garage etc. You are then required to put 10 k down and present the rest at closing.

In short, a sales ploy in these trying times with decreased pricing and poor inventory movement.
Sales ploys are not needed to sell homes in The Villages. Period. Amen.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsPete View Post
Over at theVillages dot com, if you go on the Search Homes tab, there are 19 undeveloped lots for sale at $0 in V of Shady Brook. Other lots range from 1K to 139K. Are there really lots available for zero?
Typically these lots are offered in the high crime sections of the Villages that are controlled by Village gangs. You can easy spot them by the colors of the loofahs' on their carts.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,916 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
Typically these lots are offered in the high crime sections of the Villages that are controlled by Village gangs. You can easy spot them by the colors of the loofahs' on their carts.
:

Old 04-17-2024, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
Dumb comment ……….
Old 04-17-2024, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,037 Times in 1,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Exactly correct. We bought a $12,000 lot next to a $20,000 on one side and a $45,000 lot on the other side. The lot itself is slightly smaller than the $20,000 lot, but same views, and better views than the $45,000 lot. It was a development starter lot to get the 99 lot development up and going for the other sales to people who need to see houses instead of dirt to buy.

In my first MBA marketing course, the first concept taught was the two different types of sales reps, which equates to the types of buyers:

Shoes salesmen:
Rep A) assigned to an undeveloped region with people with no shoes: Look at all the new opportunities!
Rep B) assigned to a developed region with people with shoes: Look at all the existing resale opportunities!

Some people couldn't buy a parcel of dirt and build with no rec center started, no athletic fields started, no shopping center started, no bridge started because they are visually oriented in the present, and have a hard time envisioning the future development or promises by the developer.

Those types prefer lots with visual development and prefer fully developed neighborhoods, can touch and see the house, etc, prior to buying. That's the model the developers have trended towards, versus the custom built with amenities in the future. .

which kind of buyer are you?
Personally, I’m the kind of buyer who likes few surprises, when it comes to my living place. I even like to know my future neighbors. I know some will move, but most will stay and so will the type of neighborhood. I like to know what amenities are there now and how they look. Nothing stays the same, but for the most part I can see what I’m actually getting into. Speculating, flipping etc is something different. That is business.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:07 AM
Default Gimmick

This is just a cheesy sales gimmick. You get a lot, right after you sign a contract to buy an overpriced house and a honkin huge bond bill.

The Villages is really struggling to move inventory at desired pricing for them.

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Old 04-17-2024, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,282 Times in 4,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByebyeMichigan View Post
Dumb comment ……….
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 04-17-2024, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,400 Posts

Old thread fully covered……..
Old 04-17-2024, 04:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,060 Times in 540 Posts
Default Struggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
This is just a cheesy sales gimmick. You get a lot, right after you sign a contract to buy an overpriced house and a honkin huge bond bill.

The Villages is really struggling to move inventory at desired pricing for them.
The main reasons Villages market struggles are inventory, interest rates and overpricing. About 55% of homes sold by the Villages are financed. Homes are still about 15-20% overpriced. If the Developer appears to be selling lots at 0 dollars, he really isn’t. Bond on many of these is 50 k, nothing is free. Then comes the home with certain mandatory restrictions for upgrades.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-17-2024, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
The main reasons Villages market struggles are inventory, interest rates and overpricing. About 55% of homes sold by the Villages are financed. Homes are still about 15-20% overpriced. If the Developer appears to be selling lots at 0 dollars, he really isn’t. Bond on many of these is 50 k, nothing is free. Then comes the home with certain mandatory restrictions for upgrades.
You must go through the design phase to see which type of home will fit on a particular lot. The zero dollar lots have the profit margin built in. It is not a giveaway nor a marketing scheme.

Tags
lots, sale, 139k, range, brook

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.