loud barking dogs

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Gold member
Default loud barking dogs

How are barking dog handelled in TV..In otherwords your neighbor is not responsible about their barking dogs.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM

I belive you have to contact the county animal control.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
I belive you have to contact the county animal control.
This is correct. In fact the question was just addressed in the latest homeowners association paper.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 PM

How about contacting your neighbor first? Is it possible the neighbor is out when the dog barks?

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then go ahead and contact animal control.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Are these dogs barking when they are inside or out?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Sage
Default We are going through this....

We are working through this. Our issue is with folks in a CYV in an adjoining neighborhood and they let the dogs out unattanded and they bark and bark. When this happens at 6 AM it is is not quiet the way to start the day. We have been here since 2007 and this is the first time. It really changes what was a very quiet and wonderful hood. An evening on the lanai has changed dramatically.

Here is what we have done. We called "community standards" to ask what we should do. They informed us if we wanted, they will go over and make one visit to make the people aware. They will only make one visit then you have to call animal control.

We decided to instead leave them a nice note (my better half would not let my write it) making them aware of how loud it can be for us and others. A note is kind of a cop out, but we do not know them and felt uncomfortabke knocking on the door and complaining the first time we meet. I am hoping to catch them outside to talk, but there is a wall between us and I have not seen them.

It seems to be getting better, will see how it works.....

Good luck. I have always been a dog owner I have never understood how folks let their dogs bark with no consideration for others, but what can I say...
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_pine View Post
Are these dogs barking when they are inside or out?
both places in and out
Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Unhappy Dog lover

We've been here a month and while at home our dog is well behaved and quiet. She does love everyone and all dogs. She must have some separation issues in a new place so she was apparently barking when we left her. I sure wish someone would have told us for her sake as well as ours. We had a visit today from a compliance person. I went right out and bought a bark collar and we are hoping it works. I think a face to face from the offended neighbor would have been the friendly thing to do. Beginning to think we may have made a mistake in thinking this was a real friendly place.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbonnie View Post
We've been here a month and while at home our dog is well behaved and quiet. She does love everyone and all dogs. She must have some separation issues in a new place so she was apparently barking when we left her. I sure wish someone would have told us for her sake as well as ours. We had a visit today from a compliance person. I went right out and bought a bark collar and we are hoping it works. I think a face to face from the offended neighbor would have been the friendly thing to do. Beginning to think we may have made a mistake in thinking this was a real friendly place.
Oh please don't feel that way. People NEVER know how someone is going to react to something like that, so instead of having hard feelings they may go to someone else to tell you. I can tell by your post that you would have taken it well.... but they clearly didn't know that!

As it is now, you don't know who was bothered by it and won't be upset with anyone.

Let me know how the collar works. We have a yapper and while we tried to find a place that he won't disturb anyone... I just don't know yet.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I would hope if our dogs bark when we move into our CYV that the person next door would tell us but we already decided we will ask them as soon as we meet them to let us know if there is any problem or disturbance from our dogs so they feel comfortable telling us right away. I think as the dog owner, you have to be proactive in saying to your new neighbors, hey, we do not think our dogs bark when we are not here but please tell us immediately if they do so we can address the issue because the last thing we want is to disturb your peace and quiet or not have positive relationships. I raised three kids of my own and 52 foster children. I told my neighbors the same things about all my children. Never had a bad relationship with my neighbors but occasionally got some interesting information from when I may not have been home! And I addressed it and then had a good laugh and a drink with my neighbor. To have peace, you need to have two sides open to communication and resolution.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
I would hope if our dogs bark when we move into our CYV that the person next door would tell us but we already decided we will ask them as soon as we meet them to let us know if there is any problem or disturbance from our dogs so they feel comfortable telling us right away. I think as the dog owner, you have to be proactive in saying to your new neighbors, hey, we do not think our dogs bark when we are not here but please tell us immediately if they do so we can address the issue because the last thing we want is to disturb your peace and quiet or not have positive relationships. I raised three kids of my own and 52 foster children. I told my neighbors the same things about all my children. Never had a bad relationship with my neighbors but occasionally got some interesting information from when I may not have been home! And I addressed it and then had a good laugh and a drink with my neighbor. To have peace, you need to have two sides open to communication and resolution.
I wish all dog owners, and non dog owners for that matter, were as thoughtful and considerate as you, Jane. I can understand why you have never had a bad relationship with your neighbors.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.