Love bug debugger

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Default Love bug debugger

I don't know where my husband heard this (probably totv) but he uses a fabric softener sheet to wipe off the love bug guts off the car and they are GONE! Who knew.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
I don't know where my husband heard this (probably totv) but he uses a fabric softener sheet to wipe off the love bug guts off the car and they are GONE! Who knew.
Yes, it works. Just dampen a dryer sheet and wipe the stuff right off. You do have to do it soon though, or it won't work
Old 05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Gold member
Default Love Bugs galore

We drove to Orlando Airport and parked the car for 10 days. During our ride we hit a swarm of them and could hardly keep the windshield clean. Left the mess to fly to NJ and they baked on the car for the 10 days we were gone. Took the car to Atlantis Car Wash on 441 and they did a great job removing the mess. When I brought the car home Sue said it looked like a brand new car. I splurged for the $22 wash and got soup to nuts on the cleaning in and out. Best car wash I ever gotten and well worth the money.
Skip 2
Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Gold member

We had a large discussion on here recently about everyone's home remedies if you want more ideas on what will work.
In reality, they're different!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Sage

Another thing that works is a Kaywos cloth. You can buy them from the distributor or at the Market of Marion. Things look like a piece of paper, but they are a fine, fine microfiber cloth. Just wet, squeeze out excess water and wipe off the bugs. The cloth won't scratch. Just remember to rinse off the dead buggies on the cloth every once in a while...

If your car is REALLY covered, a good car wash is $$ well spent.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.