Love Bugs

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Dancing Thyme

I think love bugs are horrible. They are annoying and are in your hair, on your clothes and just everywhere. A friend of mine walked into my house with a white purse and white pants and I swear she had 40 or 50 on her alone. So I was stuck with them in my house. I hate them and find them an impossible nuisance.

I have bad news for ya'll... I went to Tampa on Friday and I saw a bunch of them (still single) all over the place. I think we are in for a bad season. Don't try to sit by the pool, because you'll have them all over you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd rather have bees, at least there are only a few of them.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-08-2013, 04:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

To clean the love bugs off your paint really easy, just hose it down and use a wet dryer Bounce sheet. They come right off really easy. Then just rinse and your done.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Platinum member

Love bugs are like fireflies (Lightning bugs) without a light. They are harmless. A pain in the a** maybe but within a few weeks they are gone.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 AM

I do not see as many fireflies as I used to. Maybe I am not out there catching them like I did when I was growing up and putting them in a jar with holes on top. That is why I do not pay much attention to them. Fireflies do not bother me at all in L.I. Mosquitoes are another thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Gold member

Just remember to keep your mouth closed, when driving your cart with the windshield down...
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
...We went from The Villages to Cape Canaveral and the lovebugs were hitting our windshield like it snows up North. Unfortunately our windshield wipers were broken on our rented car. You can imagine!...
You should be glad your wipers were broken. If you had tried to use the wipers the windshield would of been one big smear, they don't come off with wipers. The best way to travel is to stop when needed at a filling station and use their windshield brush and water, or carry some windex and a roll of paper towels.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Of all the disgusting creatures that wander around this swamp called Florida the "Love Bugs" are the least of the problem. As has been mentioned by many other posters their only REAL downside is that they will wreck the paint on your car, so DO get them washed off ASAP. Otherwise there's just a gazillion of them them buzzing around twice a year and they don't sting or bite. They'll just annoy you.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM

I guess we all going to be bother by something or someone that we do not like. What can you do?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.