Love Bugs Are Early This Year

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Platinum member
Default Love Bugs Are Early This Year

The lovebugs were enjoying the pool today. I don't recall the lovebug semi-annual invasion this early in the spring. Am I mistaken or do I have them confused with the centipede stampede that also occurs in FL with some regularity? Both are annoying but part of the FL ecology, and thankfully pass quickly.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Default Actually...

Whenever I think of lovebugs, I think of April and September. Just about on time as I remember them.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
The lovebugs were enjoying the pool today. I don't recall the lovebug semi-annual invasion this early in the spring. Am I mistaken or do I have them confused with the centipede stampede that also occurs in FL with some regularity? Both are annoying but part of the FL ecology, and thankfully pass quickly.
For the past five years we've left TV around April 20, and I never saw a love bug. This year we're staying until mid May. Several days ago I saw some jolly little fellows rolling around the floor of the birdcage. They may have a short lifespan, but they seem to enjoy it.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Veteran member

Stink Bugs in N.J.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageSitter View Post
Whenever I think of lovebugs, I think of April and September. Just about on time as I remember them.
May and Sept are their normal times that I remember. They are a couple weeks early this year and I was hoping that the few mornings of cold we had early in the week would get rid of them, but riding my motorcycle thru the Ocala Nat'l Forest this morning proved me wrong.
In case you have not heard of this the most accepted way to remove them is hydrogen peroxide. Put it in a spray bottle, spray the bugs, let it set for a while foaming, them wipe them off. It won't hurt the paint, but the bugs left on will.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Everytime we come in end of April first of May my car looks like it has a fur coat.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.