LOW VISION GOLFER

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Default LOW VISION GOLFER

Does anyone know of other LOW VISION golfers i n TV? Is there maybe a group etc., I would love to get out on the course but am afraid to play with those who are sighted for fear of holding up their game.
Thankyou
Old 06-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: LOW VISION GOLFER

I'm sure if you call the rec centers or golf shops they can direct you to these golfers. I do know they exist here. I play bridge with a woman who has very limited sight. She's also a golfer. If I happen to see her (and remember), I'll ask her if she plays in a low-sighted group or with regular.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Veteran member

Not to sound cruel, but if you all have problems seeing the ball how could you manage to play a round? I've played with several challenged folks and the rest of us take it upon ourselves to spot the ball for them. It works out OK. They get to play, we get to assist and the folks behind us don't want to shoot us.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:34 AM

well that's just the point I was trying to make. I feel that I would be imposing on other's to assist and most people would do it, but it seems not to be fair to ask. That is why i wondered if there are other's out there like me and maybe they play together and maybe they get a caddy to spot the ball for all of them. Just a thought
Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Personally, I think the vast majority of Villagers wouldn't mind in the least spotting the ball for you. As blue said, s/he has played with visually challenged and "it worked out OK" and no one behind them wanted to shoot them. So, whether you find a group or not, you can still play with some advantages:

1. People like helping others. It makes them feel good, especially if it is little inconvenience to them. Spotting a ball is not a lot of hard work.

2. You have an opportunity to meet new people, not just play with the same group every time.

3. You get to do something you love and are not limited in when you can play.

As Nike says, "Just do it!"

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-04-2008, 01:59 PM

We have more then once been teamed up with people who need assistance in spotting the ball. We aren't so great at it ourselves but do not mind helping. I think it is a fairly comon problem in TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.