Lowe’s

Old 03-26-2024, 06:33 AM

I like the Wildwood (466a) Lowe's.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:46 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Lowe's is much closer, but I agree with ACE being MUCH more helpful, also ACE carries the exact same irrigation parts I need for replacements on my system and some who knows exactly which pieces are needed FROM PHOTOS of the broken unit.
Spot-on with your comments about Ace being much more helpful. But, for irrigation parts/supplies, I have found Central Pro/Site One to be the place to go. Pricing there is better, and their people are 2nd to none when it comes to irrigation system knowledge. They're located at SR-44 & Thomas Ave in Leesgurg.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
My main issue with the Wildwood Lowes is that it is a smaller store than the Lady Lake store, so they often do not have what I need. Amazon sells everything that Lowes does and more and usually for a lower price. The only reason to travel to Lowes is for something that I need immediately. I went there once for a hacksaw and they didn't have one. Go figure.
Amazon is the big reason you don't see a lot of cashiers working at the Lowes. Amazon is taking away some of their customers.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:12 AM

Hold your breath HOME DEPOT will come to the rescue.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:27 AM

The place is a mess with inventory and equipment in the isles etc.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassieb View Post
Lowe’s in Wildwood is one of the worst stores. Checkout lanes backed up into the aisles, one checkout person in both the main store and the garden center. They rarely bring their shopping carts in. Can’t wait for the new Home Depot, hopefully they will show Lowe’s how to run a business.
I used to shop Lowes Lady Lake, Never a clerk to help a lot of out of stock popular items , Home Depot is my go to place now , clerks every where , fast check out always get everything I needed, Ace is also my store.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:52 AM

I like Lowe’s and Ace Hardware but many times Lowe’s doesn’t have what I need, especially if it’s a seasonal item, therefore I go to Amazon.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:13 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Get used to it. Seems like a national trend. Some are putting in self checkouts and staff that area but overall customer service is becoming nonexistent. I do agree that the locally owned franchises like Ace or TrueValue have always been customer centric.
Shopping is mostly going the way of on line shopping. Soon there won’t be many stores around. As it is, you can get more of a variety of colors and styles of things on line and not carried in the store. The stores are becoming more of a sample viewing of things
Old 03-26-2024, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Lowe’s in Wildwood is one of the worst stores. Checkout lanes backed up into the aisles, one checkout person in both the main store and the garden center. They rarely bring their shopping carts in. Can’t wait for the new Home Depot, hopefully they will show Lowe’s how to run a business.
Shop Lowes quite often and never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for check out (if I don't use self check-out). Most workers are very friendly and helpful. Find most things that I am looking for. Also agree with one poster that ACE has those hard to find parts that are used in TV homes.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
They can’t get people to work.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:13 AM

Use the Lowe’s online ordering for repeat items like fertilizer, light bulbs, filters, lawn bags, etc. they will bring the order out and load it in your car.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:42 AM

My husband went to the Lowe's on 466A the other day to get a bunch of stuff and there were no cashier checkouts open. He had to stand in line at the self-checkouts. When he got there to scan his stuff, there wasn't tags on some of it so he scanned what he could and then called for the checkout person who handed him a book and told him to look through it, pick out what he was buying and scan the code into the register. He was livid by then, told her "I don't work here. YOU do!!" He handed the book back, told her to void out everything he'd scanned and pushed his cart down to the garden center where he checked out with the one cashier that was out there! It's ridiculous!! Self-checkouts are NOT faster when this kind of thing happens and when someone has a full cart to scan. In this day and age when everyone is in a hurry and has no patience for long lines and this kind of thing, this just isn't going to work!!
Old 03-26-2024, 09:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

Ace is light years ahead in terms of customer service. Yes, they are more expensive, but many times it's worth it...
And have you notice who works there?
It's all older talented knowledgeable gentleman/ladies, (probably from the villages) that know how to treat people right and knows what a 50 hour work week is like.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:36 AM

Quote:
didnt have a problem at either one when I went
Old 03-26-2024, 10:42 AM

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Go to Ace

Tags
lowe’s, checkout, shopping, carts, can’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.