Lowe’s

Old 03-26-2024, 10:58 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krfrea View Post
The place is a mess with inventory and equipment in the isles etc.
Welcome to ToTV

Funny what draws people out after years.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishfxm View Post
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Go to Ace
Ben Franklin....five and dime stores. Miss that s*it!
Old 03-26-2024, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishfxm View Post
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Go to Ace
Sometimes, but today, the low price seems to be what most people go for.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
And have you notice who works there?
It's all older talented knowledgeable gentleman/ladies, (probably from the villages) that know how to treat people right and knows what a 50 hour work week is like.
Maybe the one you frequent. Across the country Ace and True Value stores are locally owned and operated. Owner(s) always on site. Invested in their communities and usually anchored in a city or towns business district. We’ve lost our way. Btw...PM me when Arthur Blank stops by your local HD!
Old 03-26-2024, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
My main issue with the Wildwood Lowes is that it is a smaller store than the Lady Lake store, so they often do not have what I need. Amazon sells everything that Lowes does and more and usually for a lower price. The only reason to travel to Lowes is for something that I need immediately. I went there once for a hacksaw and they didn't have one. Go figure.
Agreed. I needed a cheap hatchet to dig a 4-6' trench to re-route an irrigation break, which was UNDER a corner of the porch.
I found out that there is no such thing as a cheap hatchet anymore, especially during my 2nd stop to Walmart. $35.00.

Since Ì have never needed a hatchet before, I doubt that I'll ever need it again.
I ended up borrowing one from a neighbor for 10 minutes.

A shovel would have been a hard choice for what I was doing.
Driving to Leesburg to trade horn, likewise.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
Agreed. I needed a cheap hatchet to dig a 4-6' trench to re-route an irrigation break, which was UNDER a corner of the porch.
I found out that there is no such thing as a cheap hatchet anymore, especially during my 2nd stop to Walmart. $35.00.

Since Ì have never needed a hatchet before, I doubt that I'll ever need it again.
I ended up borrowing one from a neighbor for 10 minutes.

A shovel would have been a hard choice for what I was doing.
Driving to Leesburg to trade horn, likewise.
Amazon has many hatchets, starting at $6.99. It is my go to place for everything. More selections, lower price.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
They can’t get people to work.
Starting pay at a WaWa is higher
Old 03-26-2024, 03:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
My husband went to the Lowe's on 466A the other day to get a bunch of stuff and there were no cashier checkouts open. He had to stand in line at the self-checkouts. When he got there to scan his stuff, there wasn't tags on some of it so he scanned what he could and then called for the checkout person who handed him a book and told him to look through it, pick out what he was buying and scan the code into the register. He was livid by then, told her "I don't work here. YOU do!!" He handed the book back, told her to void out everything he'd scanned and pushed his cart down to the garden center where he checked out with the one cashier that was out there! It's ridiculous!! Self-checkouts are NOT faster when this kind of thing happens and when someone has a full cart to scan. In this day and age when everyone is in a hurry and has no patience for long lines and this kind of thing, this just isn't going to work!!
Very true and poignant. One of the main reasons, we go to Aldi is that there is not a self check out and employees move things faster. They destroy the "savings concept" on self check out.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassieb View Post
Lowe’s in Wildwood is one of the worst stores. Checkout lanes backed up into the aisles, one checkout person in both the main store and the garden center. They rarely bring their shopping carts in. Can’t wait for the new Home Depot, hopefully they will show Lowe’s how to run a business.
Sign of the times, too many big box stores and no one willing to work, don't count on Home Depot to be any better ..
times like this either deal with it, change the time or day you shop or go to work and help out.. its all service ended industries.. been to medical lately.. its all the same..

Relax ..
Old 03-27-2024, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Know someone who works there. Told me that they will be hiring more people. Let's see if that will help. Doubt it as others paying more. Buckees pays more. Not enough young worker bees in Central Florida
That’s a joke! For every three they hire, two quit within a week. I lasted three weeks. They DO NOT care about their employees or them having a schedule. AI does the scheduling and the new manager thinks it’s GREAT! And then wonders why there is the turnover there is…bonafide idiot!

Tags
lowe’s, checkout, shopping, carts, can’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.