Lpp

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Gold member

Sorry Gracie but I have to correct you.....I think you meant pickleball courts rather than racquet ball courts, there are no racquet ball courts here. I know it was just a slip of the fingers!
Also the trolley tours leave from Brownwood now I believe, but maybe they still leave from Lake Sumter too.
Yes, if you know anyone here ask them to get guest passes for you so you can go to Katie Belle's and also try out any classes that you want to. You will not be able to swim in any pools here unless you have a guest pass.
Whatever you decide to do you'll have fun !
And yes , bring your checkbook!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
No indoor swimming pools, as Gracie said, and also no whirlpool tubs. Having said that, all pools are heated to a wonderful 81 to 84 degrees. On a {{{cold}}} winter day, the water is deliciously warm.
I know there's a hot tub at the southside adult pool! folks come from all over the villages to enjoy it! [and I dare say some 'outsiders' have enjoyed it, too!]

Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
Believe I read in an earlier post where these folks said they were four or five years away from retirement. Perhaps I'm just too honest, but I couldn't call & tell a sales agent I was ready to buy....just to get a LSV reservation. JMHO
I always feel better when telling the truth. I would never tell someone I was ready to buy unless I was ready to buy. I don't want my time wasted nor do I want to waste someone else's time.

They will understand and respect you more for being honest.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Sorry Gracie but I have to correct you.....I think you meant pickleball courts rather than racquet ball courts, there are no racquet ball courts here. I know it was just a slip of the fingers!
Also the trolley tours leave from Brownwood now I believe, but maybe they still leave from Lake Sumter too.
Yes, if you know anyone here ask them to get guest passes for you so you can go to Katie Belle's and also try out any classes that you want to. You will not be able to swim in any pools here unless you have a guest pass.
Whatever you decide to do you'll have fun !
And yes , bring your checkbook!
mudder - doesn't seabreeze rec center have racquetball platforms - near the sand volleyball courts?

found my answer - seabreeze has paddle tennis!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
For just a few dollars more you can stay at the Waterfront Inn and be close enough to walk to the square. And it's a very nice hotel right on the lake. And if you know anyone here, get there ID number for the reservation and get a 10 to 25% discount depending on the nights.
Get the Waterfront Inn. Really nice hotel, right in the thick of things and plenty of shops, restaurants and a great Panera's all within walking distance. But, it's cold here right now, give it a couple of weeks.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 PM

Thank you to all for your wonderful responses. You've given me a lot to go on and I appreciate it. I love the suggestion of coming down in March and May, however I am still employed full time and only have one week of vacation left until July. The biggest obstacle was convincing my wife to at least have a look. Don't want to offend anyone but she's afraid most of the residents of TV will be quite a bit older than us, we are 56 and 54. I don't worry about age differences at all. I'm more concerned about the closeness of the homes (our house sits on 1 acre) and the summer heat. Unfortunately we can't afford to keep our home in RI and buy in TV also. Thanks again everyone!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:55 PM

We are also from Rhode Island. I'm inside taking a break from snow shoveling. I'm 54 and my wife is 53. I'd be happy to share our recent experiences in buying in The Villages. Send us a pm if you'd like more info.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:57 PM

we were just there for three days and stayed at the holiday inn ..it is a real nice place to stay and they serve a great breakfast..you cant go wrong ..and its close to spanish springs..you can walk there..and rent a golf cart to take you around..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.