Luncheon at Crispers

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112
Default Luncheon at Crispers

Hi Guys,

My friend and I attended the luncheon today and was very disappointed about the organization of the group. Why weren't all the tables pulled together so everyone could talk? And if this would have happened then each person could have introduced himself. Shouldn't we all have been given name tags, just cheap tags to write our names on, possibly by our administrator or someone he designates? And that person could have given a short Welcome Speech.

We thought there was someone who said on TOTV he or she was traveling a distance and was looking forward to meeting everyone? I don't believe we gave that person a good impression... just a little disappointed.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
Hi Guys,

My friend and I attended the luncheon today and was very disappointed about the organization of the group. Why weren't all the tables pulled together so everyone could talk? And if this would have happened then each person could have introduced himself. Shouldn't we all have been given name tags, just cheap tags to write our names on, possibly by our administrator or someone he designates? And that person could have given a short Welcome Speech.

We thought there was someone who said on TOTV he or she was traveling a distance and was looking forward to meeting everyone? I don't believe we gave that person a good impression... just a little disappointed.

I agree Nancy. This was our 3rd Crispers but will probably be the last. Gracie and another member were at our first meeting with name tags and made everyone feel welcome. The second one was just like today. Kind of hard to know who is TOTV and Who is not. We were happy to meet four fellow Georgians today and I do apologize for not getting around and speaking to everyone but it felt very uncomfortable to us.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I was with you all in spirit. We were taking a brand new wannabe around The Villages for the first time and she only had yesterday and today.

Of course she loved it. And we loved showing her around. It is like taking a child to Disneyland for the first time, nearly as thrilling for the person who watches them be so enthralled.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I agree Nancy. This was our 3rd Crispers but will probably be the last. Gracie and another member were at our first meeting with name tags and made everyone feel welcome. The second one was just like today. Kind of hard to know who is TOTV and Who is not. We were happy to meet four fellow Georgians today and I do apologize for not getting around and speaking to everyone but it felt very uncomfortable to us.
Lila and I plan to attend in February and/or March while we are there. We were at Crispers for the gathering in April 2010, and also felt it was less organized than we had expected. Perhaps someone who is a frog, and will be there, needs to be nominated each month to be the official greeter for the next month's get together. That person could then provide the name tags and make a short welcome and encourage an introduction of each person and their screen name. That would not require a great deal of effort or expense for anyone and would add a teeny bit of structure. Any nominations for the February get together? How about KathieI for that one??
Old 01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I was with you all in spirit. We were taking a brand new wannabe around The Villages for the first time and she only had yesterday and today.

Of course she loved it. And we loved showing her around. It is like taking a child to Disneyland for the first time, nearly as thrilling for the person who watches them be so enthralled.
Isn't it a gas to show someone around a place that you love, and see it anew through their eyes? I remember taking our daughter to Maui when she was 25and getting ready to be married. It was our second trip there and it gave us goosebumps to see her react as positively as we had. I am sure your enthusiasm rubbed off on your guests and they will probably be residents soon.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Lila and I plan to attend in February and/or March while we are there. We were at Crispers for the gathering in April 2010, and also felt it was less organized than we had expected. Perhaps someone who is a frog, and will be there, needs to be nominated each month to be the official greeter for the next month's get together. That person could then provide the name tags and make a short welcome and encourage an introduction of each person and their screen name. That would not require a great deal of effort or expense for anyone and would add a teeny bit of structure. Any nominations for the February get together? How about KathieI for that one??
Good idea eweIssenbach! I'd take a turn!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
No why didn't I think of that? I'd take a turn!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

I'll take a turn.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
No why didn't I think of that? I'd take a turn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
I'll take a turn.
Cool! Who wants to step up and take February? Then it is that person's responsibility to see that someone else takes it for March and so on, and so on.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Cool! Who wants to step up and take February? Then it is that person's responsibility to see that someone else takes it for March and so on, and so on.

I will be happy to take February. I'm relatively new and too naive to know better than to volunteer! Unless Nancy wants Feb. if so, I'll take March!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
I will be happy to take February. I'm relatively new and too naive to know better than to volunteer! Unless Nancy wants Feb. if so, I'll take March!
Cool X 2! Two more ideas. The designated person in charge should put out a daily reminder post the week of the get together. Second, the new Admin should be invited to meet his peeps and make a few comments about the forum.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Sage

Additional thoughts:

- Someone designated to take and post photos
- Someone to get the peel-and-stick name tags and some ink pens
- Someone to coordinate appropriate seating with Crispers mgmt

Bill
Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Additional thoughts:

- Someone designated to take and post photos
- Someone to get the peel-and-stick name tags and some ink pens
- Someone to coordinate appropriate seating with Crispers mgmt

Bill
Someone to bring popcorn
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
Someone to bring popcorn
Geez........who's ever done THAT before????

Bill
Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Geez........who's ever done THAT before????

Bill
His name might be Beeel. Check out Crispers photos from September....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.