Buy in May-June

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 06:02 AM
Default Buy in May-June

We have sold our home in the panhandle and are renting a home for the month of May to get a feel for the area. (We know things are rough now). Anyway, we have been looking at the newer homes on the south end of TV. We have heard good and bad about the area. We both are very active, I play tennis 3 days a week here, 3.5-4.0, and my wife loves to play also a good 3.5. Also enjoy volleyball, and just about any other active sport. Is the south side a good place for sports minded people? Any input would be appreciated!
Old 03-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Not good for golf.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

If you are referring to the area south of Rt 44, then there are fewer recreational facilities, shopping, and restaurants because that is where the new houses are being built But, north of Rt 44, there is equal access to recreation facilities and activities throughout the entire Villages area. The newer, pre-owned houses are mostly located between Rt 44 and Rt 466A. But, in terms of shopping for a house and getting a good deal in May, I think you need to get a crystal ball. You may want to rent for a few months.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:29 AM
Cool A month is not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisbum View Post
We have sold our home in the panhandle and are renting a home for the month of May to get a feel for the area. (We know things are rough now). Anyway, we have been looking at the newer homes on the south end of TV. We have heard good and bad about the area. We both are very active, I play tennis 3 days a week here, 3.5-4.0, and my wife loves to play also a good 3.5. Also enjoy volleyball, and just about any other active sport. Is the south side a good place for sports minded people? Any input would be appreciated!
A month is not enough. Why not try 2 or 3 areas this summer? There are plenty of vacancies.north, central and south. Same goes for home style - Villa? Ranch? Designer?
Right now buying a house in The Villages is like jumping off a cruise ship into the ocean [B][I]- You can dive in; but you can't dive out!
Old 03-24-2020, 06:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

I play pickleball and golf. We just purchased in Marsh Bend. I will be using teh car more than the golf cart to get around, but that is just fine with me. It is a beautiful area with beautiful homes. My sports friends who live their all love it. We are looking forward to our move.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisbum View Post
We both are very active, I play tennis 3 days a week here, 3.5-4.0, and my wife loves to play also a good 3.5.
By my standards, you guys are pretty good tennis players, so you may want to live where other good players hang out. There is a tennis club near Glenview Country Club, which is up in the northern section.

Most of us have outgrown tennis. We lost interest after Borg, Connors, and McEnroe stopped competing.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:50 AM

I probably never will. Tried the pickball thing and might enjoy the singles game. not enough of a workout in doubles! Still play singles at least once or twice a week. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
By my standards, you guys are pretty good tennis players, so you may want to live where other good players hang out. There is a tennis club near Glenview Country Club, which is up in the northern section.

Most of us have outgrown tennis. We lost interest after Borg, Connors, and McEnroe stopped competing.
Yes but the younger crowd is south. Yes there is tennis, but the crowd is older.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

You can't believe everything you read here as there is still a lot of BS being spread around about south of 44. When you get here you will see that there is just as much recreation here as there is north of 44 from Softball fields to beach volleyball and everything in-between. Your sales agent will be able to show you around and yes, this is a younger, more athletic area except for me and a few others. There are also great deals on new homes down here with updates and upgrades that were not available in new homes even 2 years ago.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, home, area, active, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.