Mail Boxes

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2023, 06:50 AM

If anyone at our mailboxes needs help reaching and I'm there I'd be happy to help. I've reached higher for items in stores for others before and I'm always glad to do it when they ask. I would even take the time to help them with something else too if needed. Also helped one lady lift a heavy item into her car when she saw me walking past her at Costco and she asked. I figure most people would do the same in similar situations. Sad to hear the few "mean" stories. I do not think most Villagers are like that. Good luck on finding a solution, let us know how it worked, and welcome to the Villages.

Last edited by mikeycereal; 05-13-2023 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-13-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
If anyone at our mailboxes needs help reaching and I'm there I'd be happy to help. I've reached higher for items in stores for others before and I'm always glad to do it when they ask. I would even take the time to help them with something else too if needed. Also helped one lady lift a heavy item into her car when she saw me walking past her at Costco and she asked. I figure most people would do the same in similar situations. Sad to hear the few "mean" stories. I do not think most Villagers are like that. Good luck on finding a solution, let us know how it worked, and welcome to the Villages.

I do the same. I sometimes climb up a grocery shelf to get an item for myself or someone else. Of course everyone needs to know their limitations so they don't get hurt.

I think mailbox height could be a selling point if you are trying to sell your home, if you lucked out with a great one! It's an amenity most of us use many times weekly, and if I was on the lower or higher height spectrum and looking for a home, this would be a good question to ask.
Old 05-13-2023, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

I only visit the mailbox about every 10 to 14 days. Occasionally, there will be a medical bill, which showed up on my USPS "informed" mail email message. I wonder why doctors don't offer emailed bills. Why do some people go to the mailbox every day to pick up junk mail?
Old 05-13-2023, 11:02 AM

Go to the actual Post Office, for most areas, zip Codes, that is the Lady Lake Post Office. I understand some of the newer areas are being handled by a different Post Office. The district should know 352-753-4508 or direct you to the proper office.

You can go into the actual Post Office and, depending upon availability, they may be able to provide you with a different box.

Good Luck!
Old 05-13-2023, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

We have a couple who are small in stature and leave a small plastic stool by the mail boxes. It has been here for going on six years and is helpful for several people in the neighborhood. Hope that helps you and welcome to The Villages!
Old 05-13-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
My husband and I just closed on our house and we are so excited! The excitement, however, is slightly dampened since we are unable to reach our mailbox and we have come upon several road blocks attempting to fix the problem.
My husband and I are both little people, he is just under 5’ tall and I am just over 4’ tall.
The mailbox assigned to the house we bought is on the top row.
The post office & the District.gov ADA rep both say mail boxes are assigned by The Villages sales center. TV sales center, however says it’s the post office.
Has anyone else come across this problem or maybe you know someone who has.
Thank you so much for any help,
Sandi & Frank
Thank you for your post and for bringing this issue to our attention! I also have difficulty reaching my mailbox so I will try and be there when the mail center person is around so I can ask them if I’m able to change my mailbox location. I live alone so I don’t have anyone to help me get my mail nor accompany me to the mailbox center. And I don’t fancy getting on a step stool when I’m by myself either.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:43 PM

Thank you again, everyone! You suggestions & heartfelt responses are truly appreciated.

Tags
mail, problem, boxes, tall, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.