Mail and Packages

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2022, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanp@aol.com View Post
There are Amazon lockers in the grocery store in the plaza where the wildwood PO is. It is quicker to deliver to these lockers then to an address.
Amazon lockers are sometimes an option, but there are restrictions:

Amazon Hub Locker
If the following applies, your order is eligible for Locker delivery:

The shipping weight is less than 10 lbs.
The product dimensions are smaller than 16 x 12 x 14 inches.
All items are sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com.
The total value is less than $5,000.
The shipment contains no hazardous materials.
The order does not contain Subscribe & Save items.
The order does not contain items shipping from other countries.
The order does not contain items for Release-Date Delivery
Old 07-22-2022, 08:13 AM

Pack N Ship. Theywere great. We became friends with them. Lots of good info beyond mail and packages.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:45 AM

You are allowed to accept Packages and Mail at the Mail Stations, it is the Owner who is not allowing not the Villages or Post Office. UPS, Fed Ex and most Amazon get delivered right to the house. I manage 40+ rentals in The Villages so I am sure about this info.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeritz53 View Post
You are allowed to accept Packages and Mail at the Mail Stations, it is the Owner who is not allowing not the Villages or Post Office. UPS, Fed Ex and most Amazon get delivered right to the house. I manage 40+ rentals in The Villages so I am sure about this info.
I agree. The owner is prohibiting short-term renters from using their postal mailbox. But, I would point out that, if you are a long-term renter, I think have the right to use the postal station to receive your mail because you would be the permanent resident, not the owner.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn0wheremann View Post
Google is your friend. See if the UPS Store 2518 Burnsed Blvd, The Villages, FL 32163 meets your needs. NEVER use a temporary rental as your address for any purpose, except perhaps ambulance calls. I had mail forwarded to a temp rental for a few months years ago, and I cannot get it off my credit reports. Also commercial databases like White pages dot com list every other renter of that house as my relative, and their former addresses as my former address. These services refuse to correct their records too.
Solid advice (except Google is no friend of mine).

Just get a private mail box from the UPS store. Or even a USPS box- but I think the minimum rental is six months.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berferful View Post
After two lifestyle visits, my wife and I will be renting in Collier for 3 months beginning in January. I was told that we are not allowed to accept mail or packages at our rental unit and that we should set something up with the P.O. or a ship and pack center. We are big Prime users and I was looking for a convenient facility close by (Collier) that could receive our mail and packages. Thank you.
We rented a mail box at Safe Ship at Colony Plaza. I don't recall the price, but it was reasonable.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
After two lifestyle visits, my wife and I will be renting in Collier for 3 months beginning in January. I was told that we are not allowed to accept mail or packages at our rental unit and that we should set something up with the P.O. or a ship and pack center. We are big Prime users and I was looking for a convenient facility close by (Collier) that could receive our mail and packages. Thank you.
When you rent you have the same privileges and restrictions as an owner, period!
Old 07-22-2022, 10:35 AM
Default Post office box

Quote:
At UPS store they will not forward your mail. Rent a Post Office box.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:45 AM
Default Packages for a rental property

We set up a box at the local Pack and Ship. They received all of our mail and notified us when we had mail to pick up, if we did not check daily. For Amazon, whatever address you provide they will send either USPS or their delivery. If an item is small enough to ship USPS, it goes to your postal box. We received larger items right to our door. As I see someone else mentioned, if its small enough to mail USPS, it will ship to the box you rent however we never know when it ships regular mail. One caveat with Amazon pkgs going to the rental box; they close at 5pm and if Amazon delivers after that, it goes back for delivery the next day - same thing again - they do not know the hours of the rental box provider. We missed a package 3 days in a row as we did not know this.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:48 AM
Default Postal Help

Quote:
When we rented in Collier, we used the postal station at the plaza on Pinellas. We rented a post office box.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
When you rent you have the same privileges and restrictions as an owner, period!
Not true for short term renters. And definitely not true if it is stated in the rental contract.

See my post above.

If you rent by the year then yes, you should have access to the postal mail box and home delivery. But for weekly, monthly and seasonal rentals it should be defined in the contract.

Don't forget that companies (USPS, FedX, UPS, etc) sell your name and address so mail would also be received at the rental for years after your stay. Major headache for those renting after you too.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
Wrong.

Renters can't sell the property, for one....

Mail issues should be specified in the lease. Don't like the terms? Rent from someone else.

Regardless, it wouldn't be wise to use a residential address for just three months. Other posters have stated why.
Old 07-22-2022, 03:17 PM
Default Use an Amazon locker

Quote:
Use an Amazon locker. I use one all the time. As a bonus, items can't be stolen from front porch.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
We used UPS off Powell Rd & 466A. It is in a shopping Center with Winn Dixie. It worked great.
We used 44Storage as well. Very clean, air & convenient from Collier. Get a air conditioned unit. With the humidity here you need air conditioned unit no matter what month.
Closed Thread

Tags
mail, packages, collier, p.o, ship

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.