Making your own antiseptic wipes

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-06-2020, 05:52 AM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,412
Thanks: 0
Thanked 984 Times in 381 Posts
Default Making your own antiseptic wipes

There are lots helpful methods of making your anti-septic wipes & sprays
One is very easy
1) cut a roll of paper towels in half
2) mix two cups of water with one TBS of bleach (for each paper towel half)
3)put the paper towels in a water proof container
4)pour mixture slowly over the towels
5)pull out the center card boat--youre good to go
6) seal the container

Lots more out there

put the same ratio of water & bleach in a spray bottle-you have your own antiseptic spray
  #2  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:02 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,030
Thanks: 3,761
Thanked 5,118 Times in 1,587 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There are lots helpful methods of making your anti-septic wipes & sprays
One is very easy
1) cut a roll of paper towels in half
2) mix two cups of water with one TBS of bleach (for each paper towel half)
3)put the paper towels in a water proof container
4)pour mixture slowly over the towels
5)pull out the center card boat--youre good to go
6) seal the container

Lots more out there

put the same ratio of water & bleach in a spray bottle-you have your own antiseptic spray
1. Acquire a roll of paper towels.
2. acquire some bleach.

then follow the instructions. Paper towels are becoming more available again - but bleach is still hard to get unless you happen to be one of the lucky customers when the store opens in the morning.
  #3  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Carla B Carla B is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,384
Thanks: 27
Thanked 432 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Due to circumstances beyond our control we were late to the party and missed out on the panic grab for hand sanitizer and wipes. Luckily had some baby wipes and rubbing alcohol so make my own and carry them with me in a Ziplock bag.
  #4  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:22 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,030
Thanks: 3,761
Thanked 5,118 Times in 1,587 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Due to circumstances beyond our control we were late to the party and missed out on the panic grab for hand sanitizer and wipes. Luckily had some baby wipes and rubbing alcohol so make my own and carry them with me in a Ziplock bag.
You can probably find pet wipes as well, at the pet stores. Baby wipes are just as hard to find in stores as "Wet Ones" hand wipes.
  #5  
Old 04-06-2020, 02:58 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,969
Thanks: 332
Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,194 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You can probably find pet wipes as well, at the pet stores. Baby wipes are just as hard to find in stores as "Wet Ones" hand wipes.
Two weeks ago, my husband brought home Wet Ones antibacterial wipes. The packaging does not say it kills viruses. I can only assume these wipes kill bacteria and are not effective for viruses. Oh well.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #6  
Old 04-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,412
Thanks: 0
Thanked 984 Times in 381 Posts
Default

Hit them with bleach
  #7  
Old 04-06-2020, 05:28 PM
Ecuadog's Avatar
Ecuadog Ecuadog is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: what3words
Posts: 1,522
Thanks: 0
Thanked 241 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Two weeks ago, my husband brought home Wet Ones antibacterial wipes. The packaging does not say it kills viruses. I can only assume these wipes kill bacteria and are not effective for viruses. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Hit them with bleach
Beware of mixing bleach with other chemicals.
  #8  
Old 04-06-2020, 05:57 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,030
Thanks: 3,761
Thanked 5,118 Times in 1,587 Posts
Default

Also if you don't have gloves, do NOT use wipes with bleach in them. Bleach + skin = bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, towels, spray, container, bleach

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.