Mallory happy hour-hate to say i told you so

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Veteran member
Smile Mallory happy hour-hate to say i told you so

When mallory went to happy hour just 2 short weeks ago from 1-4, i said that won't go over well. people are not that dumb when they can go to havana, just a few minutes away for a 6.50 pitcher of beer after golf,or pay 13.00. Going out to dinner for a drink no big difference but a group having 3 or 4 pitchers makes a difference. To those who think my golf group are a buch of alcoholics, that only comes out to 3 8 ounce glasses of beer at the most. pitchers aren't that big. TODAYS PAPER-NEW HAPPY HOUR AT MALLORY--2-6.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Sage
Default Mallory fan here...

Mallory has always been one of my favorite places and remains that way. Very good bar staff IMO. They did go back to 2-6 PM, but with a wrinkle. The old 50% off has been changed. I did not calculate the exact discount but it is less than it was before. Now a pitcher is $7 during happy hour; it used to be $5.50**. As far as the pitcher size, Mallory uses 14oz glasses** and a pitcher fills four of those.

They have also changed the bill. It used to have a line item that said "happy hour discount" or some such thing which made it easy for me to calculate what the bill would have been without happy hour, so I can calculate a tip. I will have to figure that out....

Not complaining here, just filling in some information.

** - These statements should be prefaced with "I am pretty sure"
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Mallory has always been one of my favorite places and remains that way. Very good bar staff IMO. They did go back to 2-6 PM, but with a wrinkle. The old 50% off has been changed. I did not calculate the exact discount but it is less than it was before. Now a pitcher is $7 during happy hour; it used to be $5.50**. As far as the pitcher size, Mallory uses 14oz glasses** and a pitcher fills four of those.

They have also changed the bill. It used to have a line item that said "happy hour discount" or some such thing which made it easy for me to calculate what the bill would have been without happy hour, so I can calculate a tip. I will have to figure that out....

Not complaining here, just filling in some information.

** - These statements should be prefaced with "I am pretty sure"
Sometimes when you sit outside they give you the plactic cups which are 8 oz. 7 bucks for a pitcher is still pretty good.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.