Map

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Default Map

I'm to understand that there is a golf cart trail map. Is it available online? We will be down there in October and would like to have a heads up.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Sage

The regular villages map has the cart paths indicated on it. They are $5 and available in the sales offices as well as the country club pro shops. There may be other places to get one, but those are the two I know. I don't think it is available online.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Default map

there is a map available online. not easy to use but will provide info.
http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...map/index.aspx
Old 07-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Get 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
The regular villages map has the cart paths indicated on it. They are $5 and available in the sales offices as well as the country club pro shops. There may be other places to get one, but those are the two I know. I don't think it is available online.
I wish I had bought 2 maps while I was down there. It will not take long before it starts falling apart!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

To find golf cart trails buy the $5.00 map as mentioned at banner mercantile or the championship golf courses (10% discount at championship courses). Easy to read and understand...........

good luck
Old 07-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankD View Post
I'm to understand that there is a golf cart trail map. Is it available online? We will be down there in October and would like to have a heads up.
Frank
I have never been able to find a golf cart trail map online.

But you can go to the sales office when you get here and ask for a couple copies of the golf cart map. This is an 8 1/2 x 11 map showing all the cart paths in red. I never left home in the cart with out it but I never did figure out how to get to the woodworking shop via a cart but is can be done. That adventure is on the list for the next trip.

Be advised that TV is upgrading the golf cart paths north of 466 and you may run into detours as the project is to last into November.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Gold member
Default Map

This map does not show mult-modal paths, (sometimes referred to as golf cart paths) but it may help.
http://www.golfthevillages.com/image...gesGolfMap.pdf

Last edited by Hancle704; 07-31-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage

My best advice would be to not sweat it.

The vast, vast majority of golf carts travel either on the street (in the neighborhood side streets) or in 'diamond lanes' on the side of larger neighborhood streets or in a few special multi-modal paths that run down the main drags.

If you know where the streets go you'll know where the golf cart path goes. The roundabouts are usually navigated by going under a tunnel and back up to the side of the road you want. They all have signs at decision points.

Get the $5 map (see the nuts and bolts section for ordering info) and learn the streets. The golf cart paths are then second nature.

There are only a very few special cart paths that don't follow these rules but they still have good signage.

If all else fails just stop anyone and ask. TV'ers are very friendly with advice.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 08-01-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,175 Times in 441 Posts

Woodworking shop can be reached thru the Valle Verde Village, cart path to Rolling Acres Golf range, and woodworking shop to the left.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Default Map Follow-up

Thanks to everyone for all the information about the maps. By reading all these posts, it makes me feel like I'm in the swing of things even though I'm not there YET!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.