Mask or no mask?

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2021, 12:36 PM
Default Mask or no mask?

This should clear it up. Straight out of the contradicting leader of the Covid fight, Dr. Fauci.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:18 PM
Default Masks

a88f940e-c3e5-4f13-9f49-952d89168c15-jpg
Old 07-29-2021, 01:22 PM
Platinum member

I am still wearing a mask even though I’ve been vaccinated.
I stayed healthy doing so.

I do not listen to one word Fauci says.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:34 PM

What? Parachutes stop Covid? I gotta get me one.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post

I haven't worn a mask since I've been vaccinated.

I too don't listen to one word Fauci says and the CDC for that matter.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:28 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
I haven't worn a mask since I've been vaccinated.

I too don't listen to one word Fauci says and the CDC for that matter.
There was an interesting op ed in the NYT about the misinformation spread by Fauci. I’m vaxed so will believe the science that I’m protected and not wear a mask. A mask increases the carbon dioxide level in your system.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

I could not join the military, but my wife and I got our shots to protect each other and our friends that refuse the vaccine. If you were in the military and do not get the vaccine then are you not willing to protect your fellow Americans like you were when you were in the military?
Old 07-29-2021, 04:43 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default When I was in the military...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
I could not join the military, but my wife and I got our shots to protect each other and our friends that refuse the vaccine. If you were in the military and do not get the vaccine then are you not willing to protect your fellow Americans like you were when you were in the military?
I joined voluntarily knowing they would inject me with all sorts of stuff. Since I am not any longer I have a choice. To say I wouldn't protect other Americans if I don't get the vaccine makes no sense since if you are afraid of getting the virus from those who haven't been vaccinated then just get vaccinated.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmio View Post

This should clear it up. Straight out of the contradicting leader of the Covid fight, Dr. Fauci.
No mask for me. I have the antibodies.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:50 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default And yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post

because you continue to wear a mask you'll never know if it has protected you in any way. There are many people who use their version of common sense. You've stayed healthy because of the vaccine...not the mask.

How do you explain the 10's of millions who have neither been vaccinated and don't wear a mask and still don't get sick????

I haven't had a flu shot in over 50 years and yet I haven't gotten the flu in all that time. I left New England over 8 years ago and while I used to get 2 or 3 colds a year I've yet to have one here in Florida. Please explain.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

I hope they don't go back to "lock down" I like going out to dinner once and a while!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	out and about.jpg
Views:	1783
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	90252  
Old 07-29-2021, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,903 Times in 915 Posts

lets just say that the number of hospitalizations of people with the covid vaccine is higher than people generally believe because of lack of currently reported information. . . and yes, we have access to medical center information. . . we are vaccinated, and will wear a mask because:

we are not taking the risk of long covid, as its an unknown risk
we are not taking the risk so that we don't infect our < 1 year old nephews and <6 year grandchildren,
so that they don't risk get long covid. . . or any other unpredictable side effect

but all you posters with interwebs medical degrees know . . . covid started as a virus and has mutated to an IQ test

sportsguy
Old 07-29-2021, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

I'm fully vaccinated, AND I'm fine with getting another booster of the Pfizer if it ends up being recommended by the CDC.

I wore a mask for over a year partly because it was required, and partly because Dr. Fauci suggested that it would reduce the risk, and his explanation made sense.

I'll go back to wearing a mask if required, but I'm not interested in protecting people who COULD be vaccinated, but refuse. If I'm in a place where a mask is NOT required, then I won't mask up. And if you refused to get vaccinated and worry you might get COVID, then stay home.

If you WANT to be vaccinated but are medically unable, just let me know and I'll gladly put the mask back on to help protect you. I keep one in my purse.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I no longer trust that my government is telling me the whole truth and nothing but the truth without any bias or hidden agenda
Old 07-29-2021, 08:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I joined voluntarily knowing they would inject me with all sorts of stuff. Since I am not any longer I have a choice. To say I wouldn't protect other Americans if I don't get the vaccine makes no sense since if you are afraid of getting the virus from those who haven't been vaccinated then just get vaccinated.
It makes a lot of sense. Those who are not vaccinated are putting everyone else at risk because of mutations/variants that they will contribute when they get the virus. No, not 100% will, but some. And the more unvaccinated there are the more mutations there are and the more mutations there are the more people will die.

it is NOT a personal choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, fight, covid, leader, contradicting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.