Mask wearing hypocrisy

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 06:55 PM

I’m pretty sure I don’t have a screw the server attitude you seem to think I have. I am not eating out right now. I feel for the servers. If people don’t eat out then they lose their job. So what’s the right answer? I’m saying if you are out, wear your mask.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:58 PM

Then do the same thing in the Fall when the seasonal flu approaches. Right? It’s contagious. If you don’t, you are a hypocrite.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
As of this morning, 145,000 cases in Florida. 3400 deaths. Do the Math. All across the country the death rate from this virus has gone way way down. It is now just hovering above 2%. The regular flu kills 60,000 people a year and approximately 1% of people who get influenza die from it. So this particular virus is at 2% now. I’ll be darned if I’m going to live my life in a cocoon and this ridiculous hysteria that everyone has. If you feel that you want To wear a mask in public and in stores by all means I will honor that I will keep my 6 feet from you I will not try to make you feel uncomfortable if you want to live in a cocoon you go right ahead but don’t criticize me for not feeling uncomfortable going on with my life and not Shaking in my boots that I’m going to get this virus or die from it. Number one I am not afraid of getting it if I happen to get it I feel confident that I will be one of the 98% that will fully recover. Years from now they’re going to look back at this ridiculous hysteria and realize that throughout history we have had serious viruses and never reacted like this and fully recovered. Again I will keep my social distancing I will not make you feel uncomfortable by coming up and hugging you or getting anywhere near you but I will also feel very very comfortable going on with my life and not looking silly driving around by myself in the car with the windows rolled up an air conditioner on with a mask on.
They walk among us . The restaurants we go to have plenty of space between tables, more than 6 feet. The servers take our orders from at least 6 feet. We alway call before we go to understand their protocols. If they chose not to observe the rules we chose not to go. There are plenty of responsible owners here that want our business. I have had conversations who seem to understand the risks associated with their job, not to them but to us. They can't believe the number of the those over 60 that don't play by the rules and therefore jeopardize their jobs. They have said, they didn't hesitate to close the bars, they won't hesitate to close the restaurants it the numbers continue to climb. So for those that are the medical experts on here that get their degree every day on the internet, when that happens you can thank yourselves. I do agree that driving in the car with a mask on is strange but, how does that effect you?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
put your face mask on when your server approaches your table then take it off to eat.... we are going to learn to tolerate a little inconvenience to keep others safe and keep the economy open do people have jobs.
Exactly. Hubby and I wear our masks when entering a restaurant, being shown our table and keep our masks on until our drinks arrive. We put our masks back on when ordering. We minimize exposure for our wait staff. We don our masks anytime we are not seated and that includes going to the restroom and leaving the restaurant. It is the best we can do to support our local businesses and to slow the spread of the virus.

To the OP..........No, we are not selfish. We are helping to slow the spread of the virus at a time when our economy is struggling to recover.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayeight99 View Post
Then do the same thing in the Fall when the seasonal flu approaches. Right? It’s contagious. If you don’t, you are a hypocrite.
There is a flu vaccine so no, I will not wear a mask for the seasonal flu. I will wear a mask to slow the spread of Covid-19 until there is an effective vaccine and a large percentage of our population has been inoculated.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayeight99 View Post
Ummmm, ever hear of the FLU VACCINE ? Nice try though.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Ummmm, ever hear of the FLU VACCINE ? Nice try though.
If there is a FLU VACCINE, then why do hundreds of thousands of people die each year from the flu? I'll give you a hint, people don't die FROM the flu they die from a condition aggravated from the flu. Same as Covid-19.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
As of this morning, 145,000 cases in Florida. 3400 deaths. Do the Math. All across the country the death rate from this virus has gone way way down. It is now just hovering above 2%. The regular flu kills 60,000 people a year and approximately 1% of people who get influenza die from it. So this particular virus is at 2% now. I’ll be darned if I’m going to live my life in a cocoon and this ridiculous hysteria that everyone has. If you feel that you want To wear a mask in public and in stores by all means I will honor that I will keep my 6 feet from you I will not try to make you feel uncomfortable if you want to live in a cocoon you go right ahead but don’t criticize me for not feeling uncomfortable going on with my life and not Shaking in my boots that I’m going to get this virus or die from it. Number one I am not afraid of getting it if I happen to get it I feel confident that I will be one of the 98% that will fully recover. Years from now they’re going to look back at this ridiculous hysteria and realize that throughout history we have had serious viruses and never reacted like this and fully recovered. Again I will keep my social distancing I will not make you feel uncomfortable by coming up and hugging you or getting anywhere near you but I will also feel very very comfortable going on with my life and not looking silly driving around by myself in the car with the windows rolled up an air conditioner on with a mask on.
We'll survive this just like we will survive the Saharan Dust Cloud of 2020 (eek!). Of course, coronaviruses and Saharan dust clouds are nothing new but this year we get to freak out about them! In the fall when the leaves turn colors on the trees, I'm sure we'll be warned about that massive oxygen depletion in the air caused by the death of greenery.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
If there is a FLU VACCINE, then why do hundreds of thousands of people die each year from the flu? I'll give you a hint, people don't die FROM the flu they die from a condition aggravated from the flu. Same as Covid-19.
They use their best guess as far as which strain of the Flu to vaccinate against. It seems as though more often than not they get the strain wrong and the flu goes around anyway.

With Coronavirus, I sort of wish they'd come out with a placebo vaccine just to get people back into life again. It seems as though the Covid-19 is weakening even if it has become more prevalent. We'll just need to have a 2 billion, 6 month study and widespread testing to confirm that though.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Wife and I had to enter the city yesterday, outside our rural village bubble.
Both had to wear a mask on entering the building we had to attend.
We survived.
No carbon dioxide overload.
No oxygen depletion.
No overwhelming feeling our 'rights' were being infringed.
Never saw any dead or dying from wearing masks either, and many inside wear masks all day.
It's really not that hard.
Is it?
Old 07-02-2020, 08:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Wife and I had to enter the city yesterday, outside our rural village bubble.
Both had to wear a mask on entering the building we had to attend.
We survived.
No carbon dioxide overload.
No oxygen depletion.
No overwhelming feeling our 'rights' were being infringed.
Never saw any dead or dying from wearing masks either, and many inside wear masks all day.
It's really not that hard.
Is it?
Your post says a great deal about us as a society. I for one agree with you and can't understand the pushback about wearing masks in public settings to "maybe" help slow down this virus and prevent the destruction of an economy that will never recover, my opinion. Instead of mandating the wearing of masks in public our leadership sent out stimulus checks, business loans, and $600 unemployment bonuses, none payed for just left for our grandchildren to pay. More to come. Many on this forum believe the thousands of unpaid hospital bills coming due are fake news as is the virus. Tell that to your grandchildren when they realize they are going to have to pay for it. The Flat Earth Society is alive and well.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:59 AM
Gold member

If they don't like to wear the mask, their going to really hate the ventilator!
Old 07-02-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Your post says a great deal about us as a society. I for one agree with you and can't understand the pushback about wearing masks in public settings to "maybe" help slow down this virus and prevent the destruction of an economy that will never recover, my opinion. Instead of mandating the wearing of masks in public our leadership sent out stimulus checks, business loans, and $600 unemployment bonuses, none payed for just left for our grandchildren to pay. More to come. Many on this forum believe the thousands of unpaid hospital bills coming due are fake news as is the virus. Tell that to your grandchildren when they realize they are going to have to pay for it. The Flat Earth Society is alive and well.
Has everyone forgotten that the CDC initially told us mask wearing wasn't necessary and could even be counter-productive in the prevention/spread of this new disease?

(The mind staggers when seeing some of the filthy face coverings some people are walking around with and to know how many germs are being harbored right there on their face.)

Now, the CDC tell us how absolutely necessary mask wearing is.

So, were they lying to us then or are they lying to us now?
Old 07-02-2020, 09:32 AM
Default New CDC report shows that >10x more people have been exposed than actual cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
You wear it for the greater good.
I know a person that has been saying for months that the "actual science" does not match reality. They pointed me to this CDC report that came out on June 29th that says up >10x more people have been exposed to the virus and DID NOT CONTRACT it. They are not "asymptomatic carriers", it did not infect them. Unfortunately, none of the commercially available tests show this, it takes some very precise lab work to process these non-infected cases. This proves the infection rate is MUCH lower than ever thought. The model is a joke, garbage in, garbage out. So if we "must follow the science", here it is. I expect the media will jump all over this very positive news. <sarcasm>
Commercial Laboratory Seroprevalence Surveys | Coronavirus | COVID-19 | CDC
Old 07-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I didn’t expect there to be any more augments about wearing mask , after all the president was on TV last night saying we should wear one and that he wears one all the tim except when he’s standing alone ( sigh)
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, wearing, server, virus, selfish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.