Sage

That is a 3 month old article.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnbrewer View Post
Darn
This means I can’t French kiss the checkout lady at Publix?
😳🙀😆
Which one?
Old 05-29-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo8357 View Post
Dr Russell Blaylock — google his information — states that they provide no protection. My own experience (admittedly non-scientific) bears out his believe that I am re-breathing and ingesting my carbon dioxide. I get a headache when wearing them, and have been unable to head to the rec centers as a result.
Oh, this Dr. Blaylock? The very first hit on a Duck Duck Go search of his name was titled this:
Quote:
"Russell Blaylock: Neurosurgeon turned Newsmax conspiracy theorist and pseudoscience peddler"
Russell Blaylock: Neurosurgeon turned Newsmax conspiracy theorist and pseudoscience peddler | Genetic Literacy Project

The text of the article (as well as several others on different web sites) goes on to describe him in decidedly uncomplimentary terms. He is another member of the 'fringe' medical association, the AAPS, a conservative group with approximately 5000 members (contrast that to the over 240,000 members of the AMA), amongst them Dr. Rand Paul, that has in the past promoted theories that: there is a link between abortion and cancer; being gay reduces life expectancy; HIV does not cause AIDS; vaccines do cause autism. Debunked junk science all.

As to why you develop a headache when wearing a mask, it's unlikely because of "re-breathing and ingesting" carbon dioxide, unless you are wearing an N95 or other very tight-fitting mask and
Quote:
"suffer from severe COPD or other lung diseases that make breathing difficult carefully consider the use of face masks"
, according to a Health.com article. Does Wearing a Face Mask Reduce Oxygen—and Can It Increase CO2 Levels? Here'''s What Experts Say | Health.com
Old 05-29-2020, 08:23 AM

No most Americans have a fairly selfish attitude and a small ‘sacrifice’ to support the general consensus that masks do protect both wearer and others present is a non-starter.....wear a mask and others will see you as a positive member of society. Don’t wear one and call the action a ‘political trick to make us all compliment’ is a moronic and selfish approach to the public health and safety.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:24 AM
Veteran member
Default masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva1 View Post
I am a mask wearer. Hate them, but do it when in public places where I can't stay 6' away. I want to get along. BUT, at what point will we be able to stop this?? When will people feel safe enough to go into a rec center maskless? 1 month, 2 months, 3 months? I won't wear this thing forever so there has to be something reasonable. And that can't be 'when they have a vaccine' because who the heck knows when that will be a reality?
I agree with you but I am still somewhat concerned. I think a lot of people are coming to grips with weighing out the threat of this virus vs freedom. We have not had a new case in The Villages in just over one month. I would think that if we don't get another case in another few weeks it might be safe at that point to go without masks. I would like to know what other people think would be a safe point to stop wearing them.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

A simple experiment
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	DF6D2CAF-F3EC-4CF7-BE8F-C5093A9129E9.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	84309  
Old 05-29-2020, 08:32 AM
Default Do some research on your own and stop watching Fox "news"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrew View Post
Thank you. This mask thing is nothing more than another method to demonstrate how the powerful can control the sheep. This, or any virus, the CDC now tells us, is unlikely to be contracted from touching a surface or by simply being around someone. You have to somehow consume droplets of saliva. Also, a virus ranges from 20 to 400 nanometres which will escape a mask very easily. If you arent wearing a mask, or even if you are, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Didn't your mother teach you that long ago? Wake up people and stop being controlled.
Here is a cut and paste directly from CDC.gov:
Our understanding of how the virus spreads is evolving as we learn more about it, so check the CDC website for the latest information. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:

Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)
Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks
Recent studies indicate that the virus can be spread by people who are not showing symptoms. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more about this virus. Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19.

Its nice to quote nanometers and all, but try listening to authentic sources, here and around the world.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I agree with you but I am still somewhat concerned. I think a lot of people are coming to grips with weighing out the threat of this virus vs freedom. We have not had a new case in The Villages in just over one month. I would think that if we don't get another case in another few weeks it might be safe at that point to go without masks. I would like to know what other people think would be a safe point to stop wearing them.
Are we sure of that? That we haven't had a new case here in almost a month? I just spent an hour at the Florida Department of Health site trying to find out the latest statistics. Try it yourself. At the beginning of the quarantine is was very clear and helpful. Now it is a maze and for instance when you get to Covid-19 cases by zipcode, there is a number of completely unrecognizable descriptors.(not words and not relating to anything) Is someone trying to keep something from us? I hate conspiracy theories and theorists and don't want to become one. ……...Y'all go there (The Florida Department of Health) and come back and tell me the latest death in Sumter County. According to the Sun Sentinel. There were 45 new deaths from Covid-19 in Florida posted YESTERDAY.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:49 AM
Default Research this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
The buffalo had to go.......was so unfair to the buffalo shade was little to none in FL were the buffalo has never roamed free......
Bison did roam free in all 50 states, Central and South America - look it up.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:49 AM

Typical Villages.. dont want to take responsibility.. The Villages is a business... other good ones say no masks no entry.. so why dont they.. They do NOT want to upset the FEW who whinge.. for the many to care about each other, sadly these are the folk who lose out on activities. They would rather be safe, than get Covid from the whingers.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
The buffalo had to go.......was so unfair to the buffalo shade was little to none in FL were the buffalo has never roamed free......
Actually the buffalo are still here, they roam in areas that are not accessible to the general public..

Their was one incident where a child got bitten and of course a lawsuit followed.

The Buffalo were then removed.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

If you refuse to wear a mask, I agree that you should have been kicked out. The scientific evidence is incontrovertible—wearing a mask will definitely flatten and reverse the curve of new cases of coronavirus.

If you refuse to wear a mask to protect yourself, please wear one to protect the rest of us!
Old 05-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrothnj View Post
Here is a cut and paste directly from CDC.gov:
Our understanding of how the virus spreads is evolving as we learn more about it, so check the CDC website for the latest information. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:

Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)
Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks
Recent studies indicate that the virus can be spread by people who are not showing symptoms. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more about this virus. Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19.

Its nice to quote nanometers and all, but try listening to authentic sources, here and around the world.
THAT was a very good quote, and a very good response to the poster who had many errors in how he thought Covid-19 is transmitted. , but the title spoiled it. It shows you only think you know what is on Fox. Or how people think. Many, many, people keep their health information gathering decidedly separate from politics.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:20 AM

I struggled through 5 pages of posts (opinions) to learn that not one person is referencing WHO release of just yesterday, 5/28/20, which states NO ONE SHOULD WEAR A MASK unless they (1) Have the actual fever/cough/sneeze symptoms, or (2) Are treating someone with the actual symptoms of the virus.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrew View Post
Thank you. This mask thing is nothing more than another method to demonstrate how the powerful can control the sheep. This, or any virus, the CDC now tells us, is unlikely to be contracted from touching a surface or by simply being around someone. You have to somehow consume droplets of saliva. Also, a virus ranges from 20 to 400 nanometres which will escape a mask very easily. If you arent wearing a mask, or even if you are, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Didn't your mother teach you that long ago? Wake up people and stop being controlled.
Yes, the virus on its own can pass through masks BUT.....the virus does not travel on its own. The virus has a mode of transmission and that is through droplets from a person when they breathe, speak, sing, cough or sneeze.

Just yesterday I was in a restaurant and a woman at the next table, 6 feet away from us, sneezed twice. First sneeze must have been very unexpected because she sneezed right into the air but the second sneeze was right into her hand.

Masks covering the nose and mouth, are being worn to prevent the spread of this virus. Masks do very little to protect the wearer but they are very efficient at blocking droplets from someone's nose or mouth. Even one little tissue is strong enough to catch droplets from a sneeze or phlegm from a cough.

Have you watched any YouTube videos demonstrating how when a person speaks, droplets are spewed at least 6 feet beyond the person's mouth, and that is speaking in a normal tone. Droplets are propelled much further when a person yells or sings. Sneezes and coughs propel the droplets even further. Why not catch most of those droplets and prevent the spread of this virus?

Anyone who is doing their part by wearing a mask to minimize the spread of this virus is not being controlled by anyone.

Tags
wear, virus, trust, safe, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.