Mechanic NEEDED

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2023, 07:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I could be wrong, but I get the impression that some people who own a Lexus, a Mercedes, or other expensive foreign vehicle seem to think that their vehicle is "special" and they need to have it serviced at a high class, high priced maintenance shop. I don't see it that way. In my opinion, any experienced mechanic can do an oil change, a brake job, or other maintenance service on just about any vehicle.
Very true but does not work all of the time. Did take my car to a tire store who also did minor work. Mechanic(?) stripped the drain plug and 2-3 quarts of oil leaked onto driveway. Not a local shop.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:12 AM
Default Quality tire and brake

I strongly recommend Quality tire and brake at 216 CR 466.
The owners name is Von. Doesn’t look like much but they do great work and they were very very very honest they even do some work and then don’t charge for it cause it was just minor and if they can’t do it, they recommend a couple of others
Old 03-28-2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda West View Post
For ALL of you who used to go to AccuTech Automotive for services by ACE mechanic Bobby Bowser - WHO do you go to now? I need brakes on my Lexus and I trusted Bobby - now I don't know who to trust! Any FIRST HAND recommendations?
Thanks!
Go to Firestone on 466 great warranty
Old 03-28-2023, 08:52 AM
Default We Use Huston Auto Repair at 352-728-1454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda West View Post
For ALL of you who used to go to AccuTech Automotive for services by ACE mechanic Bobby Bowser - WHO do you go to now? I need brakes on my Lexus and I trusted Bobby - now I don't know who to trust! Any FIRST HAND recommendations?
Thanks!
I've had great experiences with Huston Auto Repair at 352-728-1454. They are located in Fruitland Park and have been able to successfully repair things that other auto repair garages couldn't. Also, their prices are fair and they are honest - they don't try to sell you repair services that you don't need.
Old 03-29-2023, 04:22 AM

+1 (352) 365-2955
Michael’s Auto Repair
307 N Villa Ave Park
Fruitland Park FL 34731

Are fantastic guys that will show you why they did what they did and are reasonablely priced.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:57 AM

Quality Tire and Auto. Vaughn is great
Old 03-29-2023, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Try Sumter Tire and Auto in Wildwood. Down-to-earth, no-nonsense folks who definitely know their stuff. Noisy and not overly clean, but it is an auto repair shop after all. They don't take appointments. First come, first served. They do a lot of business though so it would behoove anyone going there do do so early in the day.

Trustworthy? Our first experience was when one morning the Rav4 wouldn't start. Battery just about dead as a doornail...enough to run the interior lights but that's all. I was watching a friend's farm at the time so couldn't leave, but got it started and told my wife to take it to Sumter Tire and Auto and have them check it out, then call me and let me know what it needs. And do NOT turn it off enroute. She did. It needed a new battery.

How this indicates trust is that my wife, aside from being a woman (obviously) is also a minority. SE Asian. They could have told her anything; a charging system failure somewhere along the line, who knows what else besides a battery. The battery failed a load test but the charging system was putting out adequate amperage to keep the battery charged up. They installed a new battery; no charge for the installation, and sent her on her way.

We've since been back a couple of other times for routine maintenance and continue to be satisfied. They've been fair with us, and from that I assume others as well.
A "modern," car is a computer, actually several computers on wheels. We also had a battery fail. My car completely locked up with all kinds of strange signals, even low tire pressure. Car would not even run the starter. Cost me $100 to have it towed to the shop, Wildwood Tire. Truth I was expecting a huge bill. They diagnosed and put in a new battery. It is the HEAT. Previous battery lasted 7 years up north. I replaced it, had it replaced, because I figured in was past due. Perhaps, it is wise to replace the battery every two years. Far cheaper than cost of a tow and a battery.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:55 AM

We've been in Florida over 35 years. In the early years in Florida, my car battery died at the most inopportune times with no warning. Lead-acid batteries last about 3 years in the Florida heat. Generally, sometime between year 3 and 4 I replace my car battery (and golf cart battery). I know it's going to fail at some point and probably sooner rather than later and probably at the most inopportune time.
Old 03-29-2023, 11:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamd View Post
I strongly recommend Quality tire and brake at 216 CR 466.
The owners name is Von. Doesn’t look like much but they do great work and they were very very very honest they even do some work and then don’t charge for it cause it was just minor and if they can’t do it, they recommend a couple of others
Here's some GREAT advice on Quality Tire and Von, a real gentleman.
Just a reminder, Von's business looks like a open junk yard, but they
know how to treat people with great knowledge on car repair.

Actually I hate to tell anyone this because he could get so busy,
that us long time customers would have to wait longer for service.

Last edited by Michael G.; 03-29-2023 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 01:39 PM

Sumter tire south . Talk with Travis
Old 03-30-2023, 01:07 AM

Vaughn - owner of Quality Tire at 266 hwy 466 near intersection of 27/441
Closed Thread

Tags
mechanic, bobby, trusted, lexus, trust

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.