Memorial Day Parade???

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Default Memorial Day Parade???

Is there a Memorial Day Parade in Spanish Springs? Is so what day and Time? Thank you.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemeri View Post
Is there a Memorial Day Parade in Spanish Springs? Is so what day and Time? Thank you.
Good question. Also wondering if there is a 4th of July parade and what date.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Re Memorial Day - nothing except Sidewalk Sale Days @ LSL is noted on the Community Calendar. Nor do I recall ever reading of a parade in prior years. But there are wonderful services throughout the area. If you do a search at the on-line news source that cannot be mentioned here you will find stories about all of the 2014 activities that took place.

www dot villages hyphen news.com/?s=memorial+day

I don't recall any parade for July 4th either - especially no fireworks display in The Villages - outside only. Wouldn't it be great if the two local chapters of the DAR worked with the Entertainment Dept and Citizens Parade Comm to institute a July 4th parade? The Villages celebrates St. Pat's, Mardi Gras, Octoberfest, and Christmas with parades and festivities - but not the birth of our nation!

Old 05-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

Absolute *best* 4th of July activity is the combined Bands of the Villages concert on July 3rd. Two shows. Both great. As I recall, the money from the concert goes to Fisher House.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:20 PM

where does it take place and do you know if there is going to be one this year ?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Veteran member

4th of July concert ("A Patriotic Spectracular") is at Savannah Center on July 3rd - tickets $15 each. Two shows. Tickets at the Box Office. The various bands of TV, along with the other resident music organizations (including Bach With a Beat, The Villages Orchestra (formerly the String Orchestra, not the professional Philharmonic), etc do *great* concerts. Our fellow residents are extremely talented. Don't put off getting tickets - the last 2 years have been full house.

Lee Greenwood ("God Bless the USA") is at The Sharon on July 4th. Saw him last year at Orange Blossom Opry - he does a really good show. two shows. Tickets range from $20 to $75.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Combined band concert:
- The Villages Entertainment * Special Events * Box Office

And then there is Lee Greenwood 7/4:
https://www.vendini.com/ticket-softw...4560c12b9f1253

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.