Midges, no-seeums

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Our house seems infested with midges (teeny flies) and they're annoying! How do y'all get rid of them??
Contract with Mig-jet. They'll come and chase them out for you
Old 05-26-2023, 08:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRSO View Post
no-see-ums can pass through normal screens.
If you were building houses and they were in an area where there are no-see-ums, would you put in normal screens (which apparently don't keep bugs out) or would you put in specialized screens that would keep them out?
Old 05-26-2023, 07:24 PM

These might be better than money on exterminator. I had them in work place once. They are bad. Make sure no rotting fruit or veggies in your bins or trash can or standing water puddles near house that is where they lay eggs.

How to get Rid of Midges | 5 Top Tips | Cleanipedia

Create a midge trap
This is super easy to do and a great way to get rid of midges that are already in your home. Put apple cider vinegar into a bowl with a few drops of washing up liquid. Midges are attracted to the smell of the mix but get stuck when they land! Don’t forget to empty and clean out the bowl, and replace the mixture every few days.

Also, saw these articles.

Midge Control: How to Get Rid of Midges | Solutions Pest & Lawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5H84ref7eE
Old 05-27-2023, 10:16 AM
Thumbs up Noseeums.....

In my house, they were coming up thru the drain in bathrooms...as soon as we kept the drains closed they disappeared...

Also, to get rid of them quickly, put vinegar in dishes around where you see them...this will get rid of them
Old 05-27-2023, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Our house seems infested with midges (teeny flies) and they're annoying! How do y'all get rid of them??
I had a serious problem with midge outdoors (entry area and front of house) but now it’s a moderately bad problem. Thank God, none seen in the home. Called a phone number given to me by an exterminator. It was for a help line used by the trade. The insecticide rep returned my call, only to tell me there is really nothing we can do. The only “real” way to get rid of them is spraying the ponds. The other is light, they are attracted to light. My outside lights were on a timer, now they are always off – which brought the problem from serious to moderately serious. I called TV about spraying, they said call the county. I called the county, they said due to budget issues spraying has been cutback greatly. I did call Massey (my exterminator) and they had no solution, said call TV about pond spraying. S of 44.
Closed Thread

Tags
midges, rid, yall, annoying, no-seeums

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.