Mine Blasts - can you feel them?

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2020, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Not a good situation? Just what is it you propose or are you just stirring the pot?
You may consider my comments as "stirring the pot". I consider my concerns just that.....concerns.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Doubt it will have any effect in Mallory?
I sincerely doubt the blasting will effect homes in Mallory. Just thinking about all those folks who have settled down south.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I sincerely doubt the blasting will effect homes in Mallory. Just thinking about all those folks who have settled down south.
Those folks in the south have done their due diligence. If you live in the new area you are finding out some have opinions that you made a mistake by buying there.

When we bought in 2010, I asked for advice on reputable companies to use. I was chastised, out right told how stupid I was for buying in that area. Don’t throw away more bad money on a house you will never sell. It went on for a year, I stopped opening up TOTV. Funny we sold that home in 3 days, making a large profit, those in Fenney that are selling are making money on their homes too.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-23-2020, 05:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Are you sure they're Mine Blast & not the miltiary base dropping bombs, northeast of TV. They do that quite often! They've been doing that for quite a few yrs. now. Never knew anybody Mined anymore. Around TV anyway!
They have an Email that they send out once you get on their list and it notifies you of the Date & Time of the practices in the Ocala Forrest. It's specifically called The Pinecastle Bombing Range. 850-523-8500. I was aware that they did this for a long time before we moved in but it was a shock when I first heard it and our dog who was mild and chilled out lost his mind when the bombing started. It was over quickly and there was no damage to anybody's home that I'm aware of.

The quarry noise is a bit different based on where they are setting the charges. If it's up top they are loosening up the overburden to get to the pay. That would naturally be the loudest. If the blasting was several hundred feet down you wouldn't hear much but you would feel that dull thud that others have accurately mentioned. The quarry is a necessity or your home wouldn't be there or the streets to get to your home wouldn't be there. The Stone Is needed to make the best quality Concrete and Asphalt possible.

I noticed on their Price Sheet that some of the material is marked FLDOT. Florida Department Of Transportation. Thats a very good indicator that eyes are on the manufacturing of the material to strict specifications. It is an extremely noisy operation but wouldn't stop me from buying a home that was very close to the mine.

I feel for the people who are unnecessarily concerned about damage to their beautiful home. It's not much to worry about unless you are born to worry. PM me if you still have something on your mind.

To live in your beautiful area and hear a little noise sounds like a great great trade off to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
feel, mine, bend, marsh, felt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.