Rental Location & Timing

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Default Rental Location & Timing

How important is the location of a rental home to attract potential renters?

We’ll be building in Fernandina later this year, but without Brownwood being open, and LSL being so far away, am I being ridicules thinking I’ll be able to find renters?

I’m also a little concerned about my timing. Our plan is to have the house completed sometime this fall so we can spend Christmas in TV and then have it available for the Jan 2013 rental period. Will I miss this prime rental season by not having the home completed earlier? I get the impression that people are already working on their 2013 rental accommodations.

I’ll be asking these same questions to the property management company when we’re at TV on Saturday, but I’d really like some of your opinions.
Thanks,
CAC
Old 02-27-2012, 06:36 PM

We have had a ton of requests for Jan-March 2013 even though our ad in thevillages4rent.com specifically states in two places that we are not available for 2013! People are looking now, but I suspect they'll continue to look as those months are tough to find. I suggest to you that if you're sure that your house will be ready by then that you begin advertising now. We did not even own our house yet when we started advertising it on the site, however the site owner has you make it clear that you do not own it yet so there is transparency.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
We have had a ton of requests for Jan-March 2013 even though our ad in thevillages4rent.com specifically states in two places that we are not available for 2013! People are looking now, but I suspect they'll continue to look as those months are tough to find. I suggest to you that if you're sure that your house will be ready by then that you begin advertising now. We did not even own our house yet when we started advertising it on the site, however the site owner has you make it clear that you do not own it yet so there is transparency.
Great advice -- Thank you...
Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 PM

You will have lots of assets to promote -- new house, new village, right next to Bonifay CC, the latest championship golf course . . . close to Colony Cottage regional recreation center . . . shopping and restaurants at Colony Plaza within walking distance . . . you should not have any trouble renting for the prime months.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
You will have lots of assets to promote -- new house, new village, right next to Bonifay CC, the latest championship golf course . . . close to Colony Cottage regional recreation center . . . shopping and restaurants at Colony Plaza within walking distance . . . you should not have any trouble renting for the prime months.
Thanks for the great marketing ideas, you've given me some great ideas.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Default Renter

I'm a renter. A golf cart is a must for me.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

You will be able to rent the prime months with ease. If that is the only months your planning to rent, I would probably just do it myself vs a property manager.

As to proximity to LSL, I have found it to be a HUGE HUGE issue. I own two rental homes, one 5 minutes to LSL and the other 8 minutes to LSL. You can't even imagine the number of people who prefer the closer to LSL home over the other. The 5 minute home is a ranch and the 8 minute home is a much larger designer. When the ranch is fully booked, I will offer the designer at the same price and people don't want to be that far away. I know 3 minutes is not logical, but it is a significant issue that comes up time and time again. I have heard it 100 times at least. I am looking to buy another rental property and have limited my search to Sunset Pointe, Virginia Trace, Sabel Chase, Winifred and maybe Northern most Liberty Park. Renting the prime months is not a problem where ever you are, renting 10 months as I do, you have to be close to LSL.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
You will be able to rent the prime months with ease. If that is the only months your planning to rent, I would probably just do it myself vs a property manager.

As to proximity to LSL, I have found it to be a HUGE HUGE issue. I own two rental homes, one 5 minutes to LSL and the other 8 minutes to LSL. You can't even imagine the number of people who prefer the closer to LSL home over the other. The 5 minute home is a ranch and the 8 minute home is a much larger designer. When the ranch is fully booked, I will offer the designer at the same price and people don't want to be that far away. I know 3 minutes is not logical, but it is a significant issue that comes up time and time again. I have heard it 100 times at least. I am looking to buy another rental property and have limited my search to Sunset Pointe, Virginia Trace, Sabel Chase, Winifred and maybe Northern most Liberty Park. Renting the prime months is not a problem where ever you are, renting 10 months as I do, you have to be close to LSL.
If thats true then I'm glad to be in Fernandina; too far for renters. I'm hoping for full time or seasonal neighbors (we are seasonal) and not renters coming and going.

Alan, I understand your need to rent before becoming full time so I hope it all works out for you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.