Monarch Grove

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2020, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Didn't that all go out the window with the Hacienda Hills fiasco?
Better for them not to compound the problem
Old 11-23-2020, 02:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I find it amazing the amount of people giving their opinion about people in Monarch Grove making a horrible decision to live there. Many of the same people who think buying below 44 is like going to no-mans land .. or putting themselves at risk being close to coleman prison .. blah blah. Actually, the great majority of folks that actually live there LOVE IT. I owned in Buttonwood and liked it a lot. But I LOVE Monarch Grove. the people, the house, the location. So, for those looking to buy below 44, PLEASE make sure you consider the source of opinions.. as the majority of negative ones are from folks that frankly don;t know what they are talking about. Monarch Grove, as a resident, has great people, and is an active community with largely very happy people.h
Old 11-23-2020, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
I find it amazing the amount of people giving their opinion about people in Monarch Grove making a horrible decision to live there. Many of the same people who think buying below 44 is like going to no-mans land .. or putting themselves at risk being close to coleman prison .. blah blah. Actually, the great majority of folks that actually live there LOVE IT. I owned in Buttonwood and liked it a lot. But I LOVE Monarch Grove. the people, the house, the location. So, for those looking to buy below 44, PLEASE make sure you consider the source of opinions.. as the majority of negative ones are from folks that frankly don;t know what they are talking about. Monarch Grove, as a resident, has great people, and is an active community with largely very happy people.h
I'm sure that's true. I think many of the comments are directed at the minority who are complaining about the noise from the turnpike and feel the developer should do something about it, at no cost to them, just the rest of us.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
People want to live south of route 44 is their business.

When they than complain about their location when they knew it was right by an interstate hard for me to have sympathy.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
I LOVE Monarch Grove. the people, the house, the location.
Monarch Grove looks very desirable to us, in a large part because it is easy to get in and out onto a main road. No matter where you live in MG, it is easy to take Corbin Trail or Reagan Road out to 501.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:14 AM

We're just south of 42 very quiet
Old 11-24-2020, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

The turnpike is close, very close.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Caveat emptor! I just bought a new build in Bradford and immediately ruled out Monarch Grove due to the proximity of the highway and the high voltage power lines & towers (which were "Photo-shopped" out of some photos). I didn't even need to physically go there, just looking at the map was enough.

Do NOT expect the developer or the neighbors to pay for a sound barrier because the buyer didn't do his due diligence!
There was no high voltage lines photo shopped out of the pictures, because there is none in Monarch Grove and there is one street in Monarch Grove that backs up to the turnpike, Hickey Way...so we’d appreciate getting the facts before making statements. Apparently you should have physically came here to see that...
Old 11-24-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Monarch Grove looks very desirable to us, in a large part because it is easy to get in and out onto a main road. No matter where you live in MG, it is easy to take Corbin Trail or Reagan Road out to 501.
It is very desirable, and it shows because there is only about 3-4 homes available in the entire community. We love it here...those who complain, most likely have never stepped foot past the gate..
Old 11-24-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Where are there high voltage towers in Monarch Grove. To the best of my recollection, and I could be wrong, they are in Chitty Chatty, Marsh Bend, and DeLuna.
No you are correct, there is none in Monarch Grove and there is in the areas you mentioned.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:50 AM

Are you kidding? The developer probably charged a lot premium for the deep view.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,911 Times in 917 Posts

TRUTH ---->
Quote:
Online forum talk gives one a peek into those neighborhood party conversations where people criticize others for not being like themselves, lack of respect for differences of individuals, for having a different opinion, or for complete comfirnation bias.. We see the highway from the front door. Meh, about the noise. . . but we could care less about your opinion or to desire to reinforce your judgement about our purchase. GFY is more appropriate about your judgmental attitude of others who might be just as happy to be here as you are.

sportsguy
Old 11-24-2020, 06:58 AM
Default T-Bone lots, shopping center lots and more....

Buyer beware fits. Common Sense.

Lot across from Mail pickup/owners pool. Two exits point directly into the back of homes across the street. Headlight pollution every night.

Streets that end with a left or right turn option. Every vehicle is pointed straight into the front of a home.

Under High Tension Power Lines.

A town square. Happy Times or Noise pollution?

Undeveloped land behind the lot (Trailwinds Village shopping center, et all)

Waterfront - Alligators

Golf Course - 365 day parade of golf carts, golfers talking etc...

Prison - Light pollution and escapee risk

Active Rock quarry Boom!

And yet.... every lot in The Villages will be Sold.

Visit a location multiple times of the day. Drive around all roads in a 5 mile radius. Research various mapping websites. Google maps isn't up to date in all areas. Try to visualize how vacant land usage could impact. These seem prudent steps (to me) prior to buying a "For-ever-home".

Or, have the mindset of Change. Living someplace I don't like, Change. Repeat until your heirs are dividing what assets are left.

Making a poor choice and expecting others to fix it is a pathway to misery.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
In general, I don't believe in bailing out people who make bad decisions. However, in this case, there are a few things to consider. It's usually in the developer's best interest to make the residents happy, it's good PR and in the long run might help sell more houses. Better to have happy residents bragging about what TV did for their noise problem than having them run and complain to the Orlando newspaper and television stations, who are not very sympathetic to TV to start with. Furthermore, the developer had to be very aware of the (potential) noise problem and sold the homes anyway. The best time for noise abatement would have been when building. Did these home sell at a "discount" because of noise? I don't know, but if they did I'm less sympathetic to the homeowners, who were in that case essentially paid to live with traffic noise.
Cant blame the builders. Blame the buyers who felt they were getting a bargain price n jumpedon it. They saw the turnpike, they saw the area and bought anyway and now want to complain.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
The turnpike is close, very close.
Yup, been here since sometime in 1964 when the Orlando to Wildwood section opened.

Wiki:History section

In 1961, Governor Collins approved the sale of $80 million in bonds to finance the parkway extension from Fort Pierce to Wildwood, adding another 156 miles (251 km) of roadway and shifting Interstate 75's route 6 miles (10 km) eastward from its original alignment. The extension was opened in three stages: a 61-mile (98 km) section between Yeehaw Junction and Orlando opened on July 17, 1963, a section linking Fort Pierce and Yeehaw Junction opened on November 22, 1963, and the section between Orlando and the northern terminus of I-75 opened on July 24, 1964, completing the mainline.
Closed Thread

Tags
monarch, house, grove, turnpike, close

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.