More Fenney-area Amenities

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,415 Times in 1,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
If and when golf cart access is complete it will still take close to an hour to get to LSL from Fenny. Brownwood gets tiring very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not everyone feels that way. Personally I like Brownwood's square as it's not crowded except when the better groups are performing, the stores and restaurants will fill in as more and more homes are sold down here. I still like going to Lake Sumter once in awhile but not much interest in Spanish Springs except for some of the special events and Katie Belle. It won't take an hour to get to LSL, it's 12 miles from the Fenney sales office and 4 of those miles are going across 468 when the next section is built and cart access to Morse is complete it will be 8 or 9 miles in a golf car that goes 20 or 20 MPH, around half an hour give or take a few minutes. No different than going from LSL to Spanish Springs. The nice thing is LSL is right in the middle for now.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

That’s why I enjoy living in Lake Deaton as I can golf cart to both Brownwood and LSL in acceptable times. Plus, the new things down south in TV will eventually be accessible by golf cart with great views of the Florida interstate. Never take my cart to Spanish Springs as it’s a long way by cart and nothing to see up there.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Not everyone feels that way. Personally I like Brownwood's square as it's not crowded except when the better groups are performing, the stores and restaurants will fill in as more and more homes are sold down here. I still like going to Lake Sumter once in awhile but not much interest in Spanish Springs except for some of the special events and Katie Belle. It won't take an hour to get to LSL, it's 12 miles from the Fenney sales office and 4 of those miles are going across 468 when the next section is built and cart access to Morse is complete it will be 8 or 9 miles in a golf car that goes 20 or 20 MPH, around half an hour give or take a few minutes. No different than going from LSL to Spanish Springs. The nice thing is LSL is right in the middle for now.

Well, my wife works in Fenny from time to time. It takes her 13 minutes by car to get from Osceola to Fenny. A direct route to Fenny via Morse. A cart path will take anything but a direct or straight route. I’ll wager the first SR44 bridge built will be at Buena Vista to give Brownwood it’s much needed boost.
The reason Brownwood is less congested is for a very good reason that has nothing to do with travel time. But, that’s already been covered in numerous Brownwood threads. Fenny will be the southern equivalent to the Nancy Lopez area, far from everything and quiet for that reason. Real estate values at Lopez are reflected in this fact.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you want a bigger property pick one out BUT your going to pay extra. Normal lots are not huge. When we built in 09 we picked the lot and bigger lots were more money. The original lot we picked was to small for the house so we had to pick another lot. I watch the prices often and as others have said there are some good deals down there. But if you want water view, golf view, corner lots or other feature lots your going to pay more period
Old 11-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
You are dreaming. Here is a google map of most direct route by car from Fenny to LSL. It is 12 miles and cart paths, when they are eventually built will most likely be longer than that and take much more time than in a car. Cart paths have numerous stop signs and multimodals have numerous crossings of gated entrys which take more time. If you can explain how eventual cart paths are going to cut 3-4 miles off the trip please explain. You are looking at 45-60 minutes in a cart. PS The distance from LSL to Spanish Springs is 3.1 miles, hardly equivalent.

Google Maps
Old 11-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
You are dreaming. Here is a google map of most direct route by car from Fenny to LSL. It is 12 miles and cart paths, when they are eventually built will most likely be longer than that and take much more time than in a car. Cart paths have numerous stop signs and multimodals have numerous crossings of gated entrys which take more time. If you can explain how eventual cart paths are going to cut 3-4 miles off the trip please explain. You are looking at 45-60 minutes in a cart. PS The distance from LSL to Spanish Springs is 3.1 miles, hardly equivalent.

Google Maps
Duval to Lopez 9.1. Duval to Grey Fox 10.3.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Well, my wife works in Fenny from time to time. It takes her 13 minutes by car to get from Osceola to Fenny. A direct route to Fenny via Morse. A cart path will take anything but a direct or straight route. I’ll wager the first SR44 bridge built will be at Buena Vista to give Brownwood it’s much needed boost.
The reason Brownwood is less congested is for a very good reason that has nothing to do with travel time. But, that’s already been covered in numerous Brownwood threads. Fenny will be the southern equivalent to the Nancy Lopez area, far from everything and quiet for that reason. Real estate values at Lopez are reflected in this fact.

LOL Distance from Woodbury Village to Spanish Springs is 5.5 miles.

Google Maps

Distance from Woodbury to LSL is 6.8 miles

Google Maps

So distance wise, Nancy Lopez area is 50% closer than Fenny to the two major town squares. We also have these things called trees and mature landscaping. Besides that, if you are North of 466 you enjoy closer proximity to The Polo Fields, the major performance venues (The Sharon, Savannah Center, Katie Belles, Studio Theatre Tierra del Sol)

Old 11-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Duval to Lopez 9.1. Duval to Grey Fox 10.3.
Not sure what Duval has to do with distances from Fenny to LSL and SS.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
LOL Distance from Woodbury Village to Spanish Springs is 5.5 miles.

Google Maps

Distance from Woodbury to LSL is 6.8 miles

Google Maps

So distance wise, Nancy Lopez area is 50% closer than Fenny to the two major town squares. We also have these things called trees and mature landscaping. Besides that, if you are North of 466 you enjoy closer proximity to The Polo Fields, the major performance venues (The Sharon, Savannah Center, Katie Belles, Studio Theatre Tierra del Sol)

Lol, OK.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:

Google Maps
I stated that when the next section is built and access across 44 is complete it will knock of 4 miles of travel down 468, it is 4 miles from the sales office to Morse is that the explanation you are looking for? You agree that currently it is 12 miles that will make it 8 or 9 as I noted. It will not take an hour to drive from 44 and Morse to LSL unless you have 6 6 volt batteries that are 6 years old. There is no way it is 3 miles from the Lake Sumter square to Spanish Springs square. We are talking about squares here not areas.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Sage
Default More Fenney-area Amenities

Quote:
I stated that when the next section is built and access across 44 is complete it will knock of 4 miles of travel down 468, it is 4 miles from the sales office to Morse is that the explanation you are looking for? You agree that currently it is 12 miles that will make it 8 or 9 as I noted. It will not take an hour to drive from 44 and Morse to LSL unless you have 6 6 volt batteries that are 6 years old. There is no way it is 3 miles from the Lake Sumter square to Spanish Springs square. We are talking about squares here not areas.

It takes 13 minutes to get from SR44 to the Fenny gate by car and I know it takes 24 minutes to get from Osceola to LSL by golf cart it is only reasonable to calculate Fenny to LSL is an hour. Multi modals do not get from point A to B in the most efficient way.

Last edited by Wiotte; 11-24-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
First, yes the distance between Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter town squares is exactly 3.1 miles, here it is on google maps. From Too Jays to City Fire I have driven this route countless times. Do you even own a golf cart yet? Do you actually check google maps before making these pronouncements?

Google Maps

Second, ok here is google maps by car from City Fire in Lake Sumter to the current end of Buena Vista at 44. 6.5 miles... From there to Fenny Grill, as the crow flies is 4-5 miles, and cart paths don't fly like crows in the straightest path. Villages streets are curvy, and cart path distance is always longer than car path distance.
Google Maps
Old 11-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
According to Google Maps and using the bicycle mode of transportation...you are 'technically' correct.

It is 3.1 miles (square to square).

Google Maps

On Edit: DAGNABIT...GoodLife beat me to it!

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 11-24-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage

I would never have believed that is only 3 miles but I was wrong and believe it now.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I would never have believed that is only 3 miles but I was wrong and believe it now.
Too many posts by many here on what "they believe" Nothing wrong with posting reasons why you bought in Fenny but misinformation is not helpful to anyone. Its very easy to check what the facts are.
Closed Thread

Tags
amenities, houses, complex, plaza, shopping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.