Morse Blvd. South of Pinellas Place

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Sage
Default Morse Blvd. South of Pinellas Place

Will Morse Blvd. be extended south of Pinellas Place? If so, how far south? And is The Villages planning on building any homes south of 466A but east of Morse Blvd. -- or is all the new construction in TV going to be west of Morse Blvd.?
Old 06-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Will Morse Blvd. be extended south of Pinellas Place? If so, how far south? And is The Villages planning on building any homes south of 466A but east of Morse Blvd. -- or is all the new construction in TV going to be west of Morse Blvd.?
As shown on The Villages master plan on this map, http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/Docume....aspx?DID=3350
Morse Blvd will go east of Lake Deaton, all the way to CR 44. There is residential homes on the east side of Morse and also Colony executive and Belle Glade championship golf courses.
Enlarge the map to see all the detail.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Platinum member

And that old devil rumor has it that Morse will be continued south to the Turnpike, where a Villages exit will be created.

Remember, I said "rumor!"

SWR
Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
And that old devil rumor has it that Morse will be continued south to the Turnpike, where a Villages exit will be created.

Remember, I said "rumor!"

SWR
This was announced about ten years ago as a fact not a rumor in the Villages Daily Sun. It was also announced at the same time there would be an exit to I75 from 466. Both projects were to be paid by the developer and costs tens of millions of dollars. Who knows what happened to those plans?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
This was announced about ten years ago as a fact not a rumor in the Villages Daily Sun. It was also announced at the same time there would be an exit to I75 from 466. Both projects were to be paid by the developer and costs tens of millions of dollars. Who knows what happened to those plans?
Here ya go;
http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/Agenda...0_952_1046.pdf
Old 06-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Sage

That just might explain why Brownwood is in no man's land!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

in five years it won't be no mans land
Old 06-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
in five years it won't be no mans land
I'd go even further and say that by the end of this year it might not be no mans land anymore. Brownwood will be hopping and who of us knows what else might have developed by then!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 07-01-2012, 03:20 AM
Sage

Bogie Shooter -- Thank you for posting the layout of what things will look like south of 466A. Whoo eee that is a lot of construction!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 AM

An explanation that I heard regarding the I 75 exit off 466 was that the owner of the land necessary to build the exit wanted way too much money for his property. The developer's people tried to negotiate with him but he wouldn't be reasonable about it and they abandoned the idea. That would have been a great place for access to I 75.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerfly View Post
An explanation that I heard regarding the I 75 exit off 466 was that the owner of the land necessary to build the exit wanted way too much money for his property. The developer's people tried to negotiate with him but he wouldn't be reasonable about it and they abandoned the idea. That would have been a great place for access to I 75.
Actually the state ran out of money for the project.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 AM

the 75 project is dead at this point. the turnpike exit is a go.

there was recently some more property acquired near lake deaton that will add more housing. no residential south of 44.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Gold member

Lakerfan, you apparently have inside knowledge of (or follow very closely) the dealings of the local planning board. I have heard rumors of a large mall in the area close to the new turnpike exit. (This would be at the interchange - not the Antrim Dell mall next to Brownwood.) This might makes sense because of its proximity to a large TV population base as well as easy access to/from the turnpike and I-75 population areas. Have you heard anything about such a mall? It would make even more sense if the Morses owned the land where the mall would go - since it would provide a rationale for them putting up the millions for the exit.

As far as the interchange is concerned, I have mixed emotions about it. Yes, it might make getting to/from Orlando a bit faster and it might attract more shopping/restaurant options, but a potentially huge negative is the amount of non-TV traffic that would end up using Morse as a shortcut to their destination.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:09 AM

The Villages controls property on the NE, SE and NW corners of CR 468 and the Turnpike.

I'm sure they will use it in the highest use possible to maximize investment, however, I doubt that it will be an outlet mall or whatever else. Retail, Gas, Food... would be a better assumption.

There seems to be a wide range of definitions for the word "mall" around here, most of which (as it refers to Antrim Dells/Brownwood) are incorrect.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsulakerfan View Post
The Villages controls property on the NE, SE and NW corners of CR 468 and the Turnpike.

I'm sure they will use it in the highest use possible to maximize investment, however, I doubt that it will be an outlet mall or whatever else. Retail, Gas, Food... would be a better assumption.

There seems to be a wide range of definitions for the word "mall" around here, most of which (as it refers to Antrim Dells/Brownwood) are incorrect.
Yes, in looking at the county tax map, it does look like the amount of property controlled by the Morses around the interchange is insufficient for a mall. It looks like if a large mall where to be built there, the Bigham Hide Company would be the beneficiary since they are the largest landowner in the area.

Also of interest in looking at the tax map, the area around Lake Deaton which was recently (this May) acquired by TV for $6.8M was sold just two years ago for a bit under $29K. If it was available for such a low price, it looks like someone in the real estate acquisition branch of the Morse enterprise was asleep at the switch (unless these two exchanges were somehow done by the same people under different corporate IDs.)

At any event, the planning map linked to above and dated 2010, is now a bit outdated since another reasonably large tract of land has been added.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.