Move in Move Out

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Veteran member

If u think more people are moving out than in, try scheduling Tee times on the golf courses. It is getting harder and harder each year as the population continues to increase.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:38 AM

I wonder if they are "twisting" something that I have heard. I have no proof, just that I have heard that the average Villager moves 3 times after coming to TV. Buy, sell, move to a bigger or better home ... 3 times. Might be they are using that to make it sound the way they want it to sound. And I bet if they are challenged they will do some fast back pedaling to try to explain what they "really" meant! My $.02
Don
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

If you move to The Villages and don't like it you can sell fairly quickly. If you buy and don't like Citrus Hills good luck on the resale.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

having a hard time finding a resale, so where is everyone moving out
Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
If you move to The Villages and don't like it you can sell fairly quickly. If you buy and don't like Citrus Hills good luck on the resale.
Bingo! Right as usual, elevatorman!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
....We looked at places in Stonecrest and found them to be nice, but the salesman kept telling us how easy it was to get to the Villages and enjoy the squares and shopping etc. Convinced us! We would never buy in a place where the best feature is ease in getting to another place where we could also buy....
Well I guess it’s a good thing that your TV rep didn’t mention the convenient golf cart access to the Wal-Mart adjacent to Stonecrest, or who knows where you would have ended up.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum member

I had never heard of TV until a builder in Naples whined "Everyone is moving to The Villages".

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Well I guess it’s a good thing that your TV rep didn’t mention the convenient golf cart access to the Wal-Mart adjacent to Stonecrest, or who knows where you would have ended up.
EdV, I have said before that I like Stonecrest and the houses are slightly nicer for the money than in TV. I don't think it would be a bad place to live at all, but I just prefer the amenities in the Villages. The point I was making is that salesmen often open their mouths and unsell at least as much as they sell.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to pfhannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicknRo View Post
As a wannbe we are looking at other areas and in talking with sales people at Citres Hills when asked about The Villages they replied " for every one that moves in three move out". This doesnt seem to add up. Is this just sour grapes? Any thoughts?
I believe its the people that leave their family for the first time, and miss the children and grandchildren. I have been here for 10 years, and know many people as a result of my job, only know of one person that went back home. I recommend to ones considering moving here, rent a home for a year, then decide.

"I'm from the government and I'm hear to help"

Quote: Ronald Reagan
Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicknRo View Post
As a wannbe we are looking at other areas and in talking with sales people at Citres Hills when asked about The Villages they replied " for every one that moves in three move out". This doesnt seem to add up. Is this just sour grapes? Any thoughts?
If you can believe this then The Villages would be a ghost town by now. Granted you can get more home for your money in nearby communities but once you move there what will you do? You'll usually have one golf course, one swimming pool and one rec. center.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

A good sales person will never bad mouth his/her competitor. If they do, be hard pressed to believe anything else he/she has to say.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

In working with a local real estate company I have heard a lot of negative selling against the TV sales team and even some against TV itself. I spent 40 years of my life selling and in sales management. When you have something good or great to sell you are hard to compete against and all the competitors can do is use negative selling against you and it does not work.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.