Moving down with an older parent

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Sage

John:

You might look into MIL going to schools and relating her experience to young people.

My uncle did this for his grandchildren and the schools were very thankful of his reliving the history of WW2.

Wishing you a safe trip and best wishes as you start living the dream.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
She never thought she would be living with us (neither did we for that matter), but she knows she is "home" with us and no longer says she isn't suppose to move with us.

Thanks for the kind words. We leave in the morning for our return "home" for the closing on Monday.
Safe journey to you and your family and welcome home!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
John:

You might look into MIL going to schools and relating her experience to young people.

My uncle did this for his grandchildren and the schools were very thankful of his reliving the history of WW2.

Wishing you a safe trip and best wishes as you start living the dream.
I agree! Those who lived during WWII, especially the veterans, have very valuable experiences to share. My uncle who is 92, was interviewed last year for a local TV show in Iowa that wanted to get the experiences of WWII vets while they are still with us. Until I watched the show which my father taped, I never even knew about my uncle's experiences in Australia and New Guinea during WWII. It was so interesting. I am sure my cousins will appreciate having this video when their dad is no longer with them.

My parents were in middle school and high school during WWII. Even hearing them talk about rationing, air raid drills and civilian life during WWII was so interesting to me. When my mom was still alive she would talk a lot about what life was like in small town Iowa during WWII, and I always enjoyed listening to her.

So if your MIL wants to share her experiences with students, I bet The Villages charter school would be glad to have her speak. I would love to hear what she has to say!

Last edited by Schaumburger; 07-14-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.