Mr. Villages Tear Down That Fence

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2022, 05:22 PM
Default Mr. Villages Tear Down That Fence

The Villages is an absolutely beautiful place to live, the landscaping, flowers, are truly amazing for a development of this size, But the fence around Sawgrass is an eyesore, that should have been removed months ago.

Please complete this project, should only take a couple days, and Tear Down This fence. Berlin tore down the wall, so I know this can be accomplished.

I am guessing you are trying to delay the completion to coincide with starting entertainment, but we the residents who have to look at this everyday do not care about that, complete the project, take the fence down, at start entertainment whenever it works for your scheduling

It's an eyesore that needs to go now!!
Old 09-02-2022, 07:07 AM

The fence is still there for your own safety. It’s still a construction zone and a simple glance says there is still a fair amount of work to be done on the canopy , etc. not sure if delayed but there may be an issue with getting materials. I am sure the villages is as anxious to get it open for marketing purposes and the current residents as you are. Be patient.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Default Project was scheduled to be done 10 months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0773 View Post
The fence is still there for your own safety. It’s still a construction zone and a simple glance says there is still a fair amount of work to be done on the canopy , etc. not sure if delayed but there may be an issue with getting materials. I am sure the villages is as anxious to get it open for marketing purposes and the current residents as you are. Be patient.
Yes, the fence is for our safety, but that was not the point. The project should have been completed 10 months ago, design and material purchase would have been obviously done before that, the project is purposely being slow walked to be completed when they are ready to begin with their entertainment schedule. My point is I do not care about that, just complete it, and Tear Down That Fence.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,712 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhpears View Post
My point is I do not care about that, just complete it, and Tear Down That Fence.
I know someone who also hates he fence.

A few weeks ago we drove thru Sawgrass to look at the new putting course and we saw a very large bear walking along the road next to the fence. He seemed very irritated and he ran off thru St. Catherine.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
the project is purposely being slow walked to be completed when they are ready to begin with their entertainment schedule.
Are you privy to specifics about this project?
Old 09-02-2022, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Yes, the fence is for our safety, but that was not the point. The project should have been completed 10 months ago, design and material purchase would have been obviously done before that, the project is purposely being slow walked to be completed when they are ready to begin with their entertainment schedule. My point is I do not care about that, just complete it, and Tear Down That Fence.
Rarely do we get info from inside the developer, but I’m guessing you have enough info, and pull to make it happen. You must know there is plenty of entertainment just waiting for more stage time, so at the next meeting maybe you could move them along. since many of us have watched more than one venue open in over 10 years, I don’t remember the developer sitting on a project and not want to make money
Old 09-02-2022, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,438 Times in 5,517 Posts

Could the national labor shortage have anything to do with this?
Old 09-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,106 Times in 382 Posts

Patience Young Grasshoppers!
Old 09-03-2022, 11:57 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,353 Times in 563 Posts

To make Sawgrass relevant and profitable perhaps the new bridge that will carry golf carts and cars across the Turnpike needs completion. The bridge will provide easy access for many residents living south of the Turnpike. Just a thought.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0773 View Post
I am thankful that the inmates are not running this place. Imagine if they needed to decide
what flowers to plant.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
To make Sawgrass relevant and profitable perhaps the new bridge that will carry golf carts and cars across the Turnpike needs completion. The bridge will provide easy access for many residents living south of the Turnpike. Just a thought.
Been there several times. Never seen it lacking in customers.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,438 Times in 5,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Been there several times. Never seen it lacking in customers.
Is it as noisy as we have heard?
Old 09-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Is it as noisy as we have heard?
I heard it wasn’t noisy.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I am thankful that the inmates are not running this place. Imagine if they needed to decide
what flowers to plant.
SNAPDRAGONS! Lots and lots of snapdragons! 😍
Closed Thread

Tags
fence, villages, entertainment, eyesore, project

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.