MVP Sports Club

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2019, 06:41 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Silver Sneakers is not accepted, but Renew Active which is part of many UHC plans(but not mine) is.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:36 PM

If you join the SLB (Sumter Landing Bike) it cost $10 for the year on line. MVP will give you a substantial discount with a no contract membership If I can recommend you I will get $5 off a month. You can do the same for everyone you recommend you will get $5 off a month. Contact me if your interested 631.678.7544 Jeff
Old 07-30-2019, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
There are 6 fitness centers in TV. A lot of people want to go to them because they are close to their house. A great deal of members are there 4 to 7 days a week. Most stay for 30 minutes. The fees are (single) $47.50/ month; $127.50 for 3 months; $214.00 for 6 months and $ 3??.00 (don't recall) for a year. There are memberships for a couple also. I like going there for the exercise and the social aspect, if you go the same time each day, you see the same people. The staff will help with instructions, no personal trainers.
The six Villages Rec Centers fitness rooms are $363.49 for 12 months. MVP has the same social aspect, I probably know 20 people by name at Brownwood and I don't even go out of my way to socialize. I see some people at Brownwood never lift a weight, it's like they go to drink coffee and meet other people, which is OK if that's their thing because there is plenty of room.

Village Community Development Districts
Old 07-30-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I don't think so. I believe it is accepted at Anytime Fitness. If you belong to UHC Medicare Advantage, you can go to MVP for no additional cost.
Yes you are right. I did some research and found that UHC The Villages has a RENEW PROGRAM that covers fitness centers around our area. Was so surprised at how many there are. If you have The Villages Insurance call the number on the back of your card and they will walk you through the site to get your
CONFIRMATION CODE.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

I visited MVP in Brownwood today. It was crowded and noisy. The membership cost is $100 initiation fee and $63 per month. If you want to rent a permanent locker, the cost is $15 per month. Also, you are required to provide a credit card for them to charge every month, which I do not like at all. I think it is a good facility, if you want to participate in a lot of classes. However, if you just want to use a few machines, I think it is very expensive, especially since, sometimes, there is a wait time for certain machines.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy22 View Post
If you join the SLB (Sumter Landing Bike) it cost $10 for the year on line. MVP will give you a substantial discount with a no contract membership If I can recommend you I will get $5 off a month. You can do the same for everyone you recommend you will get $5 off a month. Contact me if your interested 631.678.7544 Jeff
Hi, do you know what the cost is with the discount?

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 08-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I visited MVP in Brownwood today. It was crowded and noisy. The membership cost is $100 initiation fee and $63 per month. If you want to rent a permanent locker, the cost is $15 per month. Also, you are required to provide a credit card for them to charge every month, which I do not like at all. I think it is a good facility, if you want to participate in a lot of classes. However, if you just want to use a few machines, I think it is very expensive, especially since, sometimes, there is a wait time for certain machines.
That seems rather expensive to me based on a comparison to my YMCA membership up north. I pay $48 per month and they have just about every workout option one could imagine, including a regulation indoor lap swimming pool and all kinds of classes. And during mid day they are never crowded. Some days I am the only one in the pool or using the exercise equipment.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Sage

There are lower cost options than MVP. The monthly cost for MVP is $80 per couple with corporate discount (we belong to SLBC). I don't recall what the individual rate is. There was not an initiation fee as someone else claimed. It is missing a pool but I can swim laps at the sports pools so that is not an issue. I don't find MVP to be crowded but I choose to go at times when it is not crowded ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
That seems rather expensive to me based on a comparison to my YMCA membership up north. I pay $48 per month and they have just about every workout option one could imagine, including a regulation indoor lap swimming pool and all kinds of classes. And during mid day they are never crowded. Some days I am the only one in the pool or using the exercise equipment.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
That seems rather expensive to me based on a comparison to my YMCA membership up north...
Everybody makes that mistake the first few years, how many times have you heard something say, "up north this was better". You have to realize you're in Florida, this is where you live. Here's a list of YMCA's in the area.

Ymca Locations & Hours Near The Villages, FL - YP.com

MVP is convenient, it has classes, it's successful, and if you have United Health it's free. For those who don't and join a club, a couple is $80 a month.

If you're looking for a bargain, there is "To Your Health" in Lady Lake across from Oakwood BBQ, it's only been open about two years. They have an indoor pool, they have classes and from what I've read, is as little as $20 month with an automatic credit card. Unlike MVP, they are not golf cart accessible and you'll be with mostly others who are about half your age.

LOCATION | tyhspa

To Your Health photos

to our health gym lady lake, fl indoor pool - Google Search
Old 08-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

We belong to 24/7 which is on Route 301 near Rainey Trail. I don't recall the exact price, but I think it was about $600/year for a couple, which comes out to about $50/month. They have a nice silver sneakers type class weekdays at 10:00, and a good variety of machines, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, stair climber, etc. No pool or permanent lockers.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
...MVP is convenient, it has classes, it's successful, and if you have United Health it's free...
Quick point of information...it’s not free for all flavors of United Health.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Quick point of information...it’s not free for all flavors of United Health.
Yes, you're right. It's the plan accepted by TV Health Care Centers. There is no premiums, for those 65 or older you can have free health care and free gym membership if you have UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage for patients age 65+.

Insurance Plans for Primary Care The Villages Health

Membership - MVP Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim
We belong to 24/7 which is on Route 301 near Rainey Trail. I don't recall the exact price, but I think it was about $600/year for a couple, which comes out to about $50/month. They have a nice silver sneakers type class weekdays at 10:00, and a good variety of machines, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, stair climber, etc. No pool or permanent lockers.
If you had the United Health Care Medicare Advantage I mentioned above, you could get 24/7 Fitness for free.

https://www.myrenewactive.com/conten...tness-location

247Fitness-Center – Fitness The Villages Florida
Old 08-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Yes, you're right. It's the plan accepted by TV Health Care Centers. There is no premiums, for those 65 or older you can have free health care and free gym membership if you have UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage for patients age 65+.

Insurance Plans for Primary Care The Villages Health
We might be down to some minor...or possibly not so minor...misunderstandings here, but I do have one of the plans listed in your link and it is accepted by TV Health Care Centers. I have access to some fitness centers for free, but not MVP.

Plus, I'm not sure what you mean by "no premiums" and "free health care"?
Old 08-16-2019, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

We have neighbors who use Villages Health UHC Advantage and their plan does not give them free access to MVP. So if you go the UHC Advantage route check the plan you pick if you want free MVP.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
We have neighbors who use Villages Health UHC Advantage and their plan does not give them free access to MVP. So if you go the UHC Advantage route check the plan you pick if you want free MVP.
I can vouch for that.
Closed Thread

Tags
mvp, facilities, village, club, sports

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.