My Little Downy Woodpecker

Old 11-21-2021, 08:01 PM
Default My Little Downy Woodpecker

This is for the village birdwatchers. Each evening at almost exactly 5:10 PM a Downy Woodpecker has been using my Bluebird house for it's winter roost. The Bluebirds come by nearly every day to check out their home in the Spring, but by that time the Downy has left for another day in the trees feeding. Amazing how it's internal clock tells it when to go to sleep, regardless of whether the day has been sunny or cloudy!

Old 11-22-2021, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
This is for the village birdwatchers. Each evening at almost exactly 5:10 PM a Downy Woodpecker has been using my Bluebird house for it's winter roost. The Bluebirds come by nearly every day to check out their home in the Spring, but by that time the Downy has left for another day in the trees feeding. Amazing how it's internal clock tells it when to go to sleep, regardless of whether the day has been sunny or cloudy!
Nature is amazing when you take the time to notice. A woodpecker, seems like a tough way to earn a living. There is no shortage of easier to get insects.

Tags
day, downy, woodpecker, evening, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.