My Observation on TOTV

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Veteran member
Default My Observation on TOTV

I've been reading and posting for sometime and it seems like a trend emerging. When a new post appears and it's a newbie post, it's genuinely a question or excitement. But, when an individual post for the first time and if it is a grudge at a restaurant, contractors or something else, I do wonder whether the complaints are legit or there is a different motive behind. It would be a shame if the posts are being high jacked for one's own motive and not for the well being of the participants. As some one on the post would say "just saying". To believe or not to believe the post, that is the question.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
I've been reading and posting for sometime and it seems like a trend emerging. When a new post appears and it's a newbie post, it's genuinely a question or excitement. But, when an individual post for the first time and if it is a grudge at a restaurant, contractors or something else, I do wonder whether the complaints are legit or there is a different motive behind. It would be a shame if the posts are being high jacked for one's own motive and not for the well being of the participants. As some one on the post would say "just saying". To believe or not to believe the post, that is the question.
I think there is a mix of genuine newbies who have a valid complaint. And "trolls" just trying to cause trouble and controversy. Some trolls make it very obvious that they're just trying to stir things up. My thought is that we should treat all new threads with due respect until we find out if the posters are genuine.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
As a relative newbie and someone who is coming up to TV to potentially move there, I hope that these posts are honest!

Obviously once we are there for our LSV we will make our own observations and decisions. However, it is nice to have input from people that are living up there via this forum.

Have we made any "definite decisions" based on this forum? Only one - that we want to come up there and see for ourselves.

Thank you to everyone for all of your posts.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

you visit, you may or may not fall in love, and if you stay, somethings may not make you happy, but i have always thought if everything was perfect you must be dead, just my thoughts
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
you visit, you may or may not fall in love, and if you stay, somethings may not make you happy, but i have always thought if everything was perfect you must be dead, just my thoughts
You are absolutely correct! Not looking for perfect.
Having these posts and being able to ask questions is a real help.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think there is a mix of genuine newbies who have a valid complaint. My thought is that we should treat all new threads with due respect until we find out if the posters are genuine.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Me too.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM

That's why the total number of posts is displayed: so a reader can judge for themselves.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default thought so....

....."but i have always thought if everything was perfect you must be dead"

That explains it....lower paradise really is heaven cause it is perfect isn't it? hahahahahaha
Old 10-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Sage

I frankly think that TV is sooooooo much bigger than TOTV. There are some people who live in TV that are so busy they don't have time to go on. Some people here have never even heard of it. I was told about it by my realtor to get information and that is what I used it for. It was really quite helpful as people could answer my questions with factual information about how to build the house. Sometimes, of course, it is opinions and you have to sort through it but generally if you ask a real question you will get a real answer.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Mostly I agree with what has been said, especially Barefoot's attitude.

I think the ones I have the most doubts about are first-time posters either praise or complain about a contractor or company. Those I usually take with a large grain of salt. Figure it is either a request by the contractor to the newbie requesting they post or the contractor itself.

As to a first-timer complaining, sorry, but it frequently seems to be someone who has a grudge against a company or entity or a competitor.

That doesn't mean that a newbie won't make this type of post without a legitimate reason, but it seems that the majority of time that is not the case. So, I don't entirely dismiss them, I just wait and see if others agree or disagree with the newbie.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

A lot of people may not realize it, but you are not compelled or required to respond to a post with which you disagree. Sorry, that was sarcastic, but it is true. On a message board the best thing you can do is ignore posts that are started by trolls or are in some way incendiary. If they are ignored, they quickly disappear, and if no one responds it tends to discourage the trolls. By responding to posts that you think are not fair or truthful, you keep the thread on the first page to be seen by more people! I know we want to "set the record straight", but you really often make the problem worse by keeping the thread alive. JMHO. Ed
Old 10-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Platinum member

Some folks have watched this board for a long time and finally feel compelled to come forward and post about something that, hmmmm irked then. So now they get pounced on by the cheer leaders, sour pusses and power posters. Hahahaha
ya'll funny.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
Some folks have watched this board for a long time and finally feel compelled to come forward and post about something that, irked then. So now they get pounced on by the cheer leaders, sour pusses and power posters. ya'll funny.

Or better yet they are told they were silly or even called names by some that post numerous times, mostly condescending, or confrontational, on almost anything that anyone posts..what was it you said, the POWERPOSTERS.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Gold member

I find it strange that a few individuals seems to have the time to reply to almost every posting with a personal comment.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.