My Observation on TOTV

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

Though I am fairly new to TOTV I feel this site is great for us newbies. We can get information about different rules, regulations and facts about TV first hand from residents. Many of the posts are very subjective, so I basicly scan over those. If someone doesn't like a certain restaurant or business doesn't mean we would necessary feel the same way.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
no guests then no advertisers....who needs who???
True, but there are always new posters,...here and on other boards....seems to be an addiction these days for many, and they're fun... However, if it's free and we want to continue posting, we should follow the rules. No one is forced to post on any board....if the rules are not to one's liking, seek out another site to post on....and I'm sure there are plenty out there. Ever think that more might leave a board because of disharmony and not because of the rules?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Like that thought.

As to trolls, believe it depends on the troll. Some if not most should be ignored. There are others though that should be taken to task if they give other posters the means to do it. Like saying in one post something that completely contradicts the next post they make. It highlights that this poster is just on TOTV to cause problems.

Graciegirl is great cheerleader for both TOTV and the Villages and she seems to greet anyone with wide open arms on TOTV. I seldom saw that kind of openness in grade school or high school. I am trained as a librarian and lawyer so I try to be fair, objective, and give people resources so that they can make up their own minds about whatever subject that comes up. This seems more collegial than something you would find in primary and secondary school.

I have probably met a couple score of the people who post on TOTV and see some others of them quite often in other parts of my life in the Villages. Many of the people I met though have moved to Facebook as a talk resource. I am obviously on both.

I certainly do not think of myself as a powerposter. Been on TOTV since July 2007 or so and have made a lot of internet friends during that period.
I am a trained teacher and trained coach. I have worked with students my whole life.I have seen this in grade school and high school years in years out.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Default yesss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
One thing we all need to remember is that we are guests of the owners of TOTV and as guests, who don't have to pay to be a part of this forum. We either follow the rules or we don't. If we don't, we can lose our posting privileges. We're adults, the rules aren't difficult.....stay on topic, well, there are occasions when threads are sidetracked.......stay civil. Write as if the individual you're responding to is standing right in front of you.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Gold member

Interesting point. People talk about others as trolls,and yet could they be one themselves.Point: someone mentioned,someone by their screen name,I see no point listing another persons name. Just my opinion.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I am a trained teacher and trained coach. I have worked with students my whole life.I have seen this in grade school and high school years in years out.
You have seen what exactly??? I have 9214 posts. Big deal. I have had a lot of free time on my hands and do not golf and have lived in the Villages since June 2005 or so. Hardly makes me part of some clique like you find in grade, middle, or high school.

And, I do try to follow the rules of TOTV because they can boot anyone off who does not follow these rules. It is there party and I am happy to attend.

And, I am hardly a troll. I have tried very hard to get along with other posters except on the Forum that must not be named.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I agree...something happens to our maturity level when we become anonymous
Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I agree...something happens to our maturity level when we become anonymous
Again, you have seen what? Be specific. And I would say a couple of hundred posters on TOTV know my identity so I am not anonymous. A lot more TOTVers know graciegirl's true identity as well.

I have no idea who you or the other poster that challenged me actually is.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Again, you have seen what? Be specific. And I would say a couple of hundred posters on TOTV know my identity so I am not anonymous. A lot more TOTVers know graciegirl's true identity as well.

I have no idea who you or the other poster that challenged me actually is.
Wow,I do not see where myself or the other poster :Challenged" you. Why do you keep bringing up that other person?No one said anything negative about that female poster.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Sage

I personally ascribe to the philosophy of, "I don't let anybody rent space on my head". I tend to agree to disagree politely.

I have many posts and I am probably guilty of keeping some threads alive that are posted by questionable posters. These type of posts are ususally figured out.

I enjoy this site immensely and it's friendly people. Guilty as charged.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

What then is a power poster??
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What then is a power poster??
Anyone with more than 4,000 posts
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM
TOTV Moderator

This thread seems to have run its course and become too personal.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.