My Rant (and then I'll feel better)

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Sounds like the general theme of response here is, fast or slow, talkative or not, in a hurry or not in a hurry, let's just notice what's going on around us and try to be considerate of other people.
Sounds like a good idea. My husband's motto: Keep the traffic flowing.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:23 PM

One of the joys of growing older, to me, is not to be in a hurry. I love seeing people being friendly with each other. There is much too much unkindness in the world. I even enjoy going to Publix when it is crowded. I love smiling at people and just being able to relax and enjoy my wonderful life. NONE of these little irritations bother me.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Default check out lanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
You hit the nail on the head. This is one of my pet peeves.
And, along with being prepared to place an order before arriving at the clerk, we should remember the purchases at Lowes, Target, Publix etc are not free. Anticipate paying for it by at least having credit card/check book out and ready, not start digging for it when apparently surprised by the fact that the stuff is not free.. Ideally the check would be completed save the amount.

Don't get me wrong, this is a relatively small irritant compared with driving in the roundabouts. I don't think I can use the word "moron" on this forum, so I won't.

On a separate post, I'll offer my view of oblivious pedestrians who saunter out in traffic with zero regard to the on coming traffic. But, that's another story.

All in, we love living in The Villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.