Narrowing down areas to live in TV: 466A-Buena Vista, Fenny and Moultrie Creek ???

Old 05-09-2024, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
It is the FLORIDA TURNPIKE! There are required provisions needed for travellers and vehicles. IMO, a big truck/service center is not out of the question. How else do you handle thousands of trucks and cars motoring through on a eight-lane turnpike? Fingers crossed, it will be a few miles away from the Villages. But then again, other turnpike necessities may pop up quite close. As an example, expressways were mentioned in the plans for widening.
Huh?

There's already the Turnpike service plaza and two truck service plazas a few miles away at theI 75/Turnpike intersection.
Old 05-09-2024, 05:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,306 Times in 564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop63 View Post
My wife and I are in the process of making TV our primary residence. I am 60, wife younger, work remotely, retire in next 5 years. Want to be retired day 1 and travel north-west for summers.

Integrating into neighborhood is very important to us. We are fun loving, social, non-drinkers. Not sure that is important for evaluating area (lol)

We have narrowed our choices down to the following areas.

1. 466a-Buena Vista area.
Pro: Vicinity to shopping, golfing, town squares, more established
Con: Is it at peak? Will we be able to integrate into an established neighborhood easily. Roof replacement and remodel costs nearer term. Age compatibility.

2. New home in Moultrie Creek/Shady Brook area.
Pro: Everything new, Equity bump, easier to recoup from picking wrong area. Like the plans for Middleton and Eastport
Con: Living in a proverbial "outpost" for a few years until things build around us. Vicinity to other town squares and shopping. Big Bond.

3. Fenny area.
Pro: Walking trails, nature vibes, between Brownwood and Eastport-Middleton.
Con: Distance to shopping and other amenities

All comments welcome. We have visited the Villages 5 times this winter, looked at street of dreams in Moultrie creek and visited the areas above. Not opposed to other areas, these are the areas that jumped out to us.

Huge fan of the this forum. Thanks in advance to those that reply.
Think this through...Look
at all of the Retirement areas before you choose the Villages!
Old 05-09-2024, 05:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Huh?

There's already the Turnpike service plaza and two truck service plazas a few miles away at theI 75/Turnpike intersection.
I understand this. This is why I said I hope a few miles away. But new development usually means bigger and better. Never say never! Fingers crossed that area is large enough to handle the increased traffic.

A truck/service center was merely given as an example. There are other requirements needed for travellers and vehicles. My point is: we will not know until the widening is completed. But, I will not be surprised if SOMETHING not wanted by Villagers appears. And, CLOSE! In five years I believe the area will be more like Tampa and Orlando. IMO, it has to because of a LARGE population. There are thousands of nonvillagers in this area and MANY MORE to come. Their needs must be met.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 05-09-2024 at 06:17 AM.

Tags
areas, area, pro, con, moultrie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.