Native Cuts

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Gold member
Default Native Cuts

We used Native Cuts for our lawn work for several months. They did a fairly decent job with the lawn, trimming the beds, weeding etc. They were useless with irrigation repairs so just bit the bullet when I had irrigation problems and hired another contractor for those repairs. The worst problem was that when I called them it took days for them to respond. I would email them repeatedly, call daily but the only way I could get a response was to block my caller ID using *67. In December I noticed several damaged sections of vinyl siding. After several days of attempts to contact them I got them to answer. I also wanted them to give me an estimate for some major landscaping work. After not being able to speak with them for several days I decided against using them for the landscaping work, knowing how frustrating it would be if I had a major concern about a job costing in the thousands. I was told that they had several customers with this complaint of damaged siding and they would be out in January when they were slow to do the repairs. I waited until February 1 for them to come out but they were no shows.
I started calling again and again after several days I finally got them to answer using *67. They said they didn't recall the December conversation but they'd be out to measure it and repair it. I knew then that Native Cuts had to go. Knowing that mower companies make their profit in the winter when they do very little work for their money I decided to wait until April 1 to replace them. I started interviewing lawn mower companies to take over in April.
Next contact from them was the third week of February when they e-mailed me to complain that I had not contacted them for an estimate for the landscaping job, of which phase one had been completed. They resigned at that time.
No problem with them moving on, except that they still owed me for my damaged siding. I had the siding repaired and sent them the bill, which of course they refused to pay.
Next stop for me was Crimes vs. Seniors at the Sumter County Sheriff's office.
These great volunteers looked over my copies of all correspondence and pictures of my damaged siding and from there on they were like bulldogs. They called Native Cuts while I was in their office and Native Cuts agreed to send me a check immediately. Of course they didn't. Crimes vs Seniors called them again to remind them the owed me money. Again Native Cuts agreed to send the check right out and didn't. Another week passed and I still had no check. Again Crimes vs Seniors called. Native Cuts said the check had been sent out and I actually got my check a day later, which I immediately cashed.
I can't say enough good things about Crimes vs Seniors. These dedicated volunteer take on a case and they don't give up. It's great to have people like these on your side when you have a problem with a contractor. If you have a problem give them a call, they're great. Better yet, call them before you start a major project. They maintain a file of problem companies and will help you avoid the stinkers.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:09 PM

I used Native Cuts last year and finally had to sever ties to them after seeing their mowing in operation. They had no chute, mulcher, or any kind of deflector on the end of their mower. As a result, as they drove around the house I saw grass blowing EVERYWHERE! All over my windows, siding, neighbors house and plant beds, and into my lanai! I immediately complained to the employee and he stated that this was the equipment they were given to use. At my request he did blow out the lanai, beds , and siding but I could see this was only because I was home. When I contacted the owner he said they only use the better mowers at the Premier houses. Goodbye!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
We used Native Cuts for our lawn work for several months. They did a fairly decent job with the lawn, trimming the beds, weeding etc. They were useless with irrigation repairs so just bit the bullet when I had irrigation problems and hired another contractor for those repairs. The worst problem was that when I called them it took days for them to respond. I would email them repeatedly, call daily but the only way I could get a response was to block my caller ID using *67. In December I noticed several damaged sections of vinyl siding. After several days of attempts to contact them I got them to answer. I also wanted them to give me an estimate for some major landscaping work. After not being able to speak with them for several days I decided against using them for the landscaping work, knowing how frustrating it would be if I had a major concern about a job costing in the thousands. I was told that they had several customers with this complaint of damaged siding and they would be out in January when they were slow to do the repairs. I waited until February 1 for them to come out but they were no shows.
I started calling again and again after several days I finally got them to answer using *67. They said they didn't recall the December conversation but they'd be out to measure it and repair it. I knew then that Native Cuts had to go. Knowing that mower companies make their profit in the winter when they do very little work for their money I decided to wait until April 1 to replace them. I started interviewing lawn mower companies to take over in April.
Next contact from them was the third week of February when they e-mailed me to complain that I had not contacted them for an estimate for the landscaping job, of which phase one had been completed. They resigned at that time.
No problem with them moving on, except that they still owed me for my damaged siding. I had the siding repaired and sent them the bill, which of course they refused to pay.
Next stop for me was Crimes vs. Seniors at the Sumter County Sheriff's office.
These great volunteers looked over my copies of all correspondence and pictures of my damaged siding and from there on they were like bulldogs. They called Native Cuts while I was in their office and Native Cuts agreed to send me a check immediately. Of course they didn't. Crimes vs Seniors called them again to remind them the owed me money. Again Native Cuts agreed to send the check right out and didn't. Another week passed and I still had no check. Again Crimes vs Seniors called. Native Cuts said the check had been sent out and I actually got my check a day later, which I immediately cashed.
I can't say enough good things about Crimes vs Seniors. These dedicated volunteer take on a case and they don't give up. It's great to have people like these on your side when you have a problem with a contractor. If you have a problem give them a call, they're great. Better yet, call them before you start a major project. They maintain a file of problem companies and will help you avoid the stinkers.
Its just gotta make you nuts that you have to go thru all that trouble just to get your grass cut. Glad you were so persistant and it worked out for you.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Its just gotta make you nuts that you have to go thru all that trouble just to get your grass cut. Glad you were so persistant and it worked out for you.
Yes, finding quality weekly lawn maintenance is probably the biggest challenge to living in TV. Maybe it's because most of us did these chores at our previous homes and know these aren't difficult tasks. I still do my own lawn care at the northern home and would do the same in TV but we're away for the growing season. The guy we have now does an ok job, not great but just ok. The first time he was out after I hired him he complained about all the weed whacking he had to do. He's the same guy who walked the property and gave me the price. This is for a TV home with a villa wall, certainly not huge. I told him I probably have 15 times more weed whacking to do up north and don't find it that difficult.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Sage

Last edited by mulligan; 10-17-2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: chaanged opinion
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Yes, finding quality weekly lawn maintenance is probably the biggest challenge to living in TV. Maybe it's because most of us did these chores at our previous homes and know these aren't difficult tasks. I still do my own lawn care at the northern home and would do the same in TV but we're away for the growing season. The guy we have now does an ok job, not great but just ok. The first time he was out after I hired him he complained about all the weed whacking he had to do. He's the same guy who walked the property and gave me the price. This is for a TV home with a villa wall, certainly not huge. I told him I probably have 15 times more weed whacking to do up north and don't find it that difficult.
A lot of us use Stellar, give them a call, they really care about their customers
Old 04-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
A lot of us use Stellar, give them a call, they really care about their customers
I might consider Stellar in the future. I've heard good things about them. My problem with Stellar is that they're a relatively new company and they want money up front, not usually a good business practice and something i refuse to do, so far anyway.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Talking

I use Kirks and he returns my calls or better yet tells me to call his cell phone so I don't have to play phone tag
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM

I received a quote from Native Cuts for a large landscape project and when I was told I would have to provide a 50% deposit, I selected another vendor that did not require a deposit ( they did a great job, at less money ). I was also skeptical with the life time warranty Native Cuts offered on all plants, shrubs and palms, but only if we hired them for mowing & maintenance program.

My point is if any company wants a large deposit before they begin work, it is, for me, a company I do not want to do business with. There are some established companies here in TV that do not require a deposit and my guess is that is why they are "established".

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I know this post is almost 6 months old, but there are new people moving in all the time and wondering what to do about lawn care and mowing. We moved in last Feb. and contracted with Stellar for a number of things, then finally added mowing. I cant say enough good about their work and customer service. AND, I am not getting free donut holes or whatever for saying this! This is an honest plug for them.

We went back north for the summer and left it all to them--mowing, fertilizer, edging, etc. It looked beautiful when we got back. They respond immediately to your calls and questions, too.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM

You cannot go wrong with hiring Stellar. We recently signed up for another year of Stellar services and not once in the past year did we have any problems with them. They are professional, courteous and reliable.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.