Need Airport Transportation

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove
Default Need Airport Transportation

I have a group of about 6-8 ladies coming to visit in Oct. Any suggestions as to how to get them to/from the airport? Using the shuttle is not out of the question, but it seems as if, for that many, there should be a cheaper solution. I think most will be on the same flight. Renting a van might be OK, but I'm not sure any of them would be comfortable driving.

Along a similar line, does The Villages offer transportation to groups wanting to go on an outing?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Gold member

I don't think a van would fit 6-8 women with their luggage!! I know my van wouldn't! If they all arrive around the same time, you might want to check into a car service that has a 15 passenger van but, I don't know how cost effective that would be.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

I'm not aware of The Villages offering transportation to a group that wants to go on an outing, but you may check with AAA as they have many day trips that include transportation.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:43 AM

For your ladies coming in from the airport....try calling The Villages Airport Van and see if they could accommodate them. Since there are 6 to 8 passengers coming in, don't be shy, ask the people in the office at TVAV if they could give a "group discount"! I've used TVAV service many times and find them to be pretty accommodating. I think the # is: 352-241-2000

Good luck and enjoy your guests!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Sage

EDIT. I just reread your post. Sorry. I think they give you a discount for large groups.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMMYS3ANGLS View Post
Hello agian, I just called The Villages Transportation 259-9398 and spoke with Claudine who directed me to Debbie and they do group outings and they also will give you a private van at a discounted rate with home pick up and drop off.
I'm amazed at the positive and generous spirit of the people on this forum. What an extremely nice thing to do, MOMMYS3ANGLS.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Here is the Virginia Trace Website, my go to site for most informationa about TV. On the right hand side about 1/2 way down you will see the AAA day trips. I don't think they are scheduled out to October, but you can see the typical trips that are offered.

VIRGINIA TRACE, THE VILLAGES, FLORIDA
Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMMYS3ANGLS View Post
I have used The Villages Transportation for many group outings, I also think that for that many people coming in together, they work with you on pricing. I know in the past they give discounts for groups.
They are great to work with!! There phone number is 259-9398 Debbie Laufersky is the owner.
Thank you so much for your efforts. I talked to the Villages Airport Van people today when I made reservations for myself. They will discount their cost to $20 after the first 2 passengers. I'll call the Villages Transport and check them out.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM
lmc56
Default Villages Transportation

I'll second on using Villages Transportation. I just used them back and forth a couple of days ago. They were prompt and friendly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.