need to be educated, home sales

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Dancing Thyme

I believe its a typo, and a couple of zeros left off... But that is kinda scary, no???? I thought maybe foreclosure but the fact that $23,600 was recorded on Realtor but on Sumter Tax Appraiser it is $236,000 seems its more like a typo. Glenn, hope you didn't book the flight already... LOL...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Dancing Thyme

Here's the link that will help you verify information..

Sumter County Property Appraiser

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Location: marion ma, augsburg germany ,ft carson, colorado, mexico maine , next stop the villages

no didn't book the flight LOL will be down in june looking though , coming to see my parents and attending a reunion in orlando .... cant wait to "kick it" in TV for 5 days though
Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn prescott View Post
ok but the address on alot of them specifically says TV and I just verified the address and certaily appears to be in TV... 714 hannond place sold on 2/17/11 for 210,000 and then again on 11/19/12 for 23,600 .... so it got my attn and just doesnt seem accurate so figured what better place to try and get some info than TOTV
That home sold for $236,000. Sales are a matter of public record.
Use this website to verify the sales price for any other address in Sumter County.

Sumter County Property Appraiser
Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn prescott View Post
that could be , just so many posted as sold well below average selling price within the villagesthat I decided to post something here looking for answers
Sumter County Property Appraiser - Joey Hooten - Bushnell, Florida - 352-569-6800 Marion County Florida, Property Appraiser Go to one of these sites depending on the county the property is in and do a search you can get the accurate records for the property in question including in many cases copies of the deeds. I'm guessing Lake county also has a site but I haven't been on that site. Many times you will get a lower price recorded when a spouse dies and the surviving spouse is transferring the home into just their name or it's being transferred to a trust.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Gold member

Lake County Property Appraiser
Welcome to The Property Appraiser's Office for Lake County, Florida
Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Sage

Marion County Property Appraiser's web site:

Marion County Florida, Property Appraiser

Bill
Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantwaittoarrive View Post
Sumter County Property Appraiser - Joey Hooten - Bushnell, Florida - 352-569-6800 Marion County Florida, Property Appraiser Go to one of these sites depending on the county the property is in and do a search you can get the accurate records for the property in question including in many cases copies of the deeds. I'm guessing Lake county also has a site but I haven't been on that site. Many times you will get a lower price recorded when a spouse dies and the surviving spouse is transferring the home into just their name or it's being transferred to a trust.
Thanks for the website of the property appraisers. This helps in knowing about what taxes will be on a property. It appears they take appraised value and deduct about 22% for tax value less homestead.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
Thanks for the website of the property appraisers. This helps in knowing about what taxes will be on a property. It appears they take appraised value and deduct about 22% for tax value less homestead.
The homestead exemption is currently $50,000 (as opposed to a percentage)
There are also other exemptions that you may qualify for. Here's a link with more info.
Exemption : Lake County Property Appraiser
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.