Need info please Home Insurance cancelled

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2021, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I thought this might be of interest to you. We heard today by phone the following "well, if you can get your roof done by xxx date we can submit the information to the insurance company again". There is still no guarantee that we will be insured.

But, I am now a lot more educated with all the information I have received from you which is much appreciated.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-24-2021, 12:29 PM
Platinum member

If you have not already done this, check with a local independent agent who represents multiple insurance companies and see if they can find insurance. IF no one will insure check to see if the Florida JUA can provide coverage.

If you do not have a mortgage, do not need to buy insurance. In S. Florida where premiums are 4X higher many people have opted to go without homeowners insurance. In TV there is less risk for storms. Would not recommend going this route to save $1500- $2000 a year.

Good luck.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
That is the problem from the insurance company side. The flip side, is that over 70% of the cases denied by the carriers, when they go to court, are lost by the carriers. They are then required to pay ALL legal fees, both sides.
Agree 100%. I was in the business. I bet 70% is low as most cases get settled before a trial.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
If you have not already done this, check with a local independent agent who represents multiple insurance companies and see if they can find insurance. IF no one will insure check to see if the Florida JUA can provide coverage.

If you do not have a mortgage, do not need to buy insurance. In S. Florida where premiums are 4X higher many people have opted to go without homeowners insurance. In TV there is less risk for storms. Would not recommend going this route to save $1500- $2000 a year.

Good luck.
We are mortgage free and debt free with high credit score, the only thing we don't have YET is new roof which is in the works Our home is in excellent condition, everything that needs doing gets done and I keep all the bills and receipts. Just had new cabinet lighting by Pikes, new driveway, new ceiling paint job. We keep up with all maintenance i.e. heating and AC, bugs, you name it. It's a nice home on a Championship GC.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Default Redo roof and then shop for insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
You make it sound so simple, it is a much longer complicated relationship with the Insurance company, I wish it were just simple.
Insurance is very picky about roofs now. So get a new roof. Then shop for insurance and you’ll be back to the normal price for your insurance. In the meantime you can pick up higher priced insurance. Also look at Kin insurance which may cover you for a year.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
how old is your roof? unfortunately, this is the result of all the "storm damaged" roofs being paid for by the insurance companies. Progressive told me they would not do a new policy if the roof was older than 5 years. I expect I'll have problems at renewal time as well.
You are exactly right. The bill is now due for all those free roofs replaced for hail damage over the years. 👍
Old 09-26-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The people who jump at the chance for a "free new roof" are also complicit...
all those people are now understanding exactly what “free“ means.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
2 sold roofs roofs were 10 and 11 years old the other bought an 11 year old home , rumors are just that , there are actually facts out there that are easy to check, there were plenty of insurance companies that offered I know this first hand because I helped woman buy her new home , I did have to do a little more search for a good sinkhole policy but that’s not something I get all upset about either
Why would it be problem on NEW home? Don’t new home come with new roofs?
Old 09-26-2021, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

The no reason why home owners shouldn’t be able to put metal roofs on. With all the fraud and b—s with asphalt roofs a metal roof last 40 plus years. One and done. None of this crap about how old is you’re roof. Funny how the majority developers commercial properties have metal roofs. But in Disneyland we have to keep the starving roof contractors out of poor house. Who looks up af stupid roof anyway.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:16 PM

Try an insurance agency with multiple companies that they can shop for your situation, my roof is 15 no problem up to this point, Bascom insurance in Lady Lake
Closed Thread

Tags
cancelled, insurance, home, information, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.