Need lawn mowing service for Courtyard Villa in Richmond

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2022, 09:53 AM
Default Need lawn mowing service for Courtyard Villa in Richmond

Any recommendations for small company or individual to mow my lawn in Richmond? I estimate that it would take 5 to 10 mins at most. I have not mowed a lawn since I was in high school.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:52 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbeer View Post
Any recommendations for small company or individual to mow my lawn in Richmond? I estimate that it would take 5 to 10 mins at most. I have not mowed a lawn since I was in high school.
I close in Richmond next Wednesday, and on Friday Massey is coming out to my home to talk lawn care / pest control / shrub pruning, etc. They were recommended by both my sales agent and my relocation coordinator. Phone is 352-706-0285
Old 11-29-2022, 08:59 PM

Massey @#$ks
Old 11-30-2022, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Since 2010, we had 8 lawn care companies with just not show up or sell and then that company quit. Deans is the only company that didn’t disappoint, but as of today is not taking new customers in our area.

We bought a electric mower, for our current house saving $135 a month. Takes an hour. We will be mowing our own lawn when we move to Richmond
Old 11-30-2022, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Mowing, like house work is all good exercise, and gets the job done properly.
Get fit!
Save Money!
It can't get better than that!
Old 11-30-2022, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
If you have a courtyard villa, you will need the following services, if you don't want to do them yourself.

mowing
weed control
shrub trimming
fertilizing
pest control
sprinkler adjustment and repair

The only company I have found who will do all of these services is Massey. Many people don't like them, but, your other choice is to hire multiple companies, which is a pain. I wish there were more choices.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:01 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Like many folks, I had looked forward to having a "professional" take care of my lawn once I retired. After spending the previous 22 years maintaining 4 acres of property, I rationalized that I had earned a break. But, also like many folks, my hopes and dreams were soon dashed.

I quickly learned that these "professionals" sometimes don't show up (but somehow never forget to send you a bill). When they do show up, you are but one of many lawns they have/will cut that day. Unless they are cleaning the underside of their mower after every job (they don't), they are bringing weed seeds and insects from other people's yards to yours. It doesn't take long to figure out that no one will maintain your property to standards you expect.

My solution was to buy an Ego electric mower, and do the work myself. I literally spend less time each week mowing my own yard, than I used to spend trying to track down the pro who was supposed to do the job. I actually enjoy getting out and cutting my own yard. About 45 minutes to mow, trim and blow a large cul-de-sac lot, and it provides instant gratification. If you want the job done right, it's sometimes easier just to do it yourself.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Watch for whoever is mowing other lawns in your villas. Ask them if they’d add you to their schedule. Or ask neighbors for a recommendation.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Is there an electric mower that works like a Roomba vacuum cleaner?
Old 12-01-2022, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,733 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
There are several available on Amazon, but I wouldn't use them on my carpet.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:58 AM

Villa in Richmond..starting with Massey services includes pest, lawn cuts,weeding, fertilizer gonna try them for a bit. about $104 a Month I believe
Old 12-01-2022, 09:25 AM
Default Forget Massey

We have had Massey for 18 months and just fired them. They were mowing and supposed to be fertilizing and putting down insecticide. We got chinch bugs in August and the entire front yard died. Guessing that they were not treating the yard every other month like they were being paid to do. They did come out & treat after we called and complained. But they were supposed to come back out and plug the lawn where the grass did not recover. They haven't showed up and the manager has avoided our phone calls for over 2 weeks. So we have decided to buy our own mower and save the money since they obviously don't care to keep their customers happy. Good luck finding someone reliable.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
An endless topic. You will find that the people who do this work stay in one area saving time, cost of driving around. Haven't mowed since high school? In high school, I set up a mowing business so been there done that. Here what you will find is you may need to deal with more than one person. To apply lawn chemistry they need to be licensed.

If, your property is so small that you estimate 5-10 minutes to do it, you may consider doing it yourself. Mowers have changed quite a bit since we were in high school. With a small place a battery powered mower would be fine. A prof person will mow once a week and in fall? come once or twice a month and expect to be paid. In summer it is likely that your grass should be mowed more often than once a week and in fall and winter probably once a month or less is adequate.

I have a person mow and edge. I do the chemistry, weeding the beds, trimming the bushes myself. I have a 5,000 sq foot lawn and guess about hour and half a week. Unlike a prof,
I do not need to do it every tuesday, I do it when I feel like. Complaints-I can only blame myself.

You have a new sod lawn. It is winter. Your lawn will take a while to root in. Be sure to properly water it.
Old 12-01-2022, 02:07 PM

Sent you private message
Old 12-01-2022, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
I’ve seen one at Sparr or Lowe’s in Wildwood. How well does it work; good question that I don’t know the answer to. I’m thinking the brand was Huqsvarna, but again I’m not certain.

It certainly intrigues me.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, richmond, mins, mowed, high

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.