Need new golf cart tires, best place to get mounted?

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2021, 11:24 PM
Default Need new golf cart tires, best place to get mounted?

Golf cart needs new tires, have considered buying on-line then having mounted here.
Any suggestions / experiences?
Size is 205 x 65 x 10
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:58 AM

Sumter Tire in Wildwood. They will mount YOUR tires.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:45 AM
Gold member

If you live on the north end Tire Choice on the historical side.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:05 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

The Firestone shop off 466.They pugged my golf cart tire immediately when The Villages store couldn't help on that day.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:13 AM

I see your buying on line for the 205 65-10 Loadstar tires. Did you find better pricing with shipping than what you can find locally? Will be following this as I need new tires now.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:32 AM

Sumter Tire Wildwood. Mounted a pair for me at $10.00 each.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Default golf cart tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEPQ View Post
Golf cart needs new tires, have considered buying on-line then having mounted here.
Any suggestions / experiences?
Size is 205 x 65 x 10
Thanks in advance.
I've been happy with Sumter Tire, two locations on 301 in Wildwood.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:39 PM
Veteran member
Default cart tires

what brand makes the best cart tire?? 205 65 10. i want a quiet ride and hi milage in a tire. i like kenda tires, so far.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:32 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

You might want to rephrase the title. I assume it is the tire you want mounted? lol

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 12-02-2021, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

My two cents worth for free
Buying tires mail order, do your really save money? Today you will still pay tax. Now your get the tires having paid shipping. You need to have the tools to jack up your golf cart perhaps put it on jack stands to take the wheels to a shop. They will charge you like $10 a tire to mount it. If, you discover the tires you bought are defective-out of round, you need to pay twice more once to remove the tire and once to remount it. The people mounting the tire are not responsible for you having bought a defective tire.

As to tires, long life etc. Our golf cart is 9 years old. We use it a fair amount and are here full time. We still have the original tires on it they are 10 inch loadstar and they are roughly half worn. Your golf cart is a low speed vehicle. Unlike your car it is not subject to hydroplaning. Your golfcart is not a sportscar, it handles about like a brick. The useful life of a golf cart is about 20 years. Does it pay to put tires on a golf cart that is 10 years old that are good for 50,000 miles? Neither I or my golf cart will last 50,000 miles.

To get good mileage out of golf cart tires you need to keep the tires properly inflated.
As it gets cold, you will likely need to add more air. Proper pressure is like 22lbs.
If, you do stuff like hop curbs with it you can knock it out of alignment and that will wear out the tires.

The smaller tires ? 8 inch turn more and will not last as long as the 10 inch tires.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Default Need New Tires?

My golf cart repair service told me of a new business that comes to your home in his mobile unit. Mounts new tires at your home, very reasonable. Not sure of the name but will post it when I find it. This service carries all the necessary tire mounting equipment in his mobile unit.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
My two cents worth for free
Buying tires mail order, do your really save money? Today you will still pay tax. Now your get the tires having paid shipping. You need to have the tools to jack up your golf cart perhaps put it on jack stands to take the wheels to a shop. They will charge you like $10 a tire to mount it. If, you discover the tires you bought are defective-out of round, you need to pay twice more once to remove the tire and once to remount it. The people mounting the tire are not responsible for you having bought a defective tire.

As to tires, long life etc. Our golf cart is 9 years old. We use it a fair amount and are here full time. We still have the original tires on it they are 10 inch loadstar and they are roughly half worn. Your golf cart is a low speed vehicle. Unlike your car it is not subject to hydroplaning. Your golfcart is not a sportscar, it handles about like a brick. The useful life of a golf cart is about 20 years. Does it pay to put tires on a golf cart that is 10 years old that are good for 50,000 miles? Neither I or my golf cart will last 50,000 miles.

To get good mileage out of golf cart tires you need to keep the tires properly inflated.
As it gets cold, you will likely need to add more air. Proper pressure is like 22lbs.
If, you do stuff like hop curbs with it you can knock it out of alignment and that will wear out the tires.

The smaller tires ? 8 inch turn more and will not last as long as the 10 inch tires.
You can save it you mount them yourself, the problem cast aluminum wheels have thick bead rim which make the tire almost impossible to get off by hand. It can be done, but only for the extremely talented. On the other hand steel wheel rims has thin bead rim which makes it much easier. So, 99,99 % has to have the rim mounted by tire shop with they can do in few minutes.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, tires, mounted, experiences

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.