Need recommendations on rectifying problem with Lowes

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2021, 09:32 AM
Default Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
How did you pay them? If you paid by credit card just dispute the charge and get the charge reversed. Pretty much guarantee they will work with you to fix the problem to get their money back
Hope you paid with CC this would also definitely work.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

It always works when I got to a corporation's facebook page and announce that I have tried to work with the store, but am unhappy... blah blah blah. I guarantee you someone will ask you to message them, through FB and tell them the problem....... then it will go from there. They will make it right once you take it public where their potential customers can see it.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmckiou View Post
I was once a Lowe’s Assistant Store Manager. Call and talk to the Store Manager. They receive bonuses if they exceed their profit for the year. Ask the store manager for the name of their Regional Manager and his/her location and phone number. This will imply you mean business. Tell the store manager that if their install department doesn’t order new carpet and fix this error, you’ll have no choice but to tell the local community through the news media that they don’t care about customer service and fixing their problems. The store manager does have the authority to fix this problem without anyone up the chain. The Lowe’s I know would give away the store to their customers, to the point customers would even take advantage of their generosity on returns and issues.
As you state, some will take advantage. Fair? Fair is debatable. Sears had a lifetime
guarantee on Craftsman tools. Not me but I helped a friend. We had three guys leaning
on a breaker bar, (long socket wrench), the socket cracked opened. My friend took it back to Sears and they exchanged it. Truth he was wrong. Lowes has the same policy with their tool line.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
First off, I'm not bashing Lowes...I'm just honestly stating a problem and looking for recommendations to solve this situation. For my Dad's 90th b'day my Mom and I pooled our money and put new carpet in his "mancave". It was ordered through Lowes. They ordered the wrong size and the installer came up short. They found another piece at the store but it is now seemed very obviously when you walk into the room and the seam leads to the bathroom. I know carpets often need seems but this seem is in the worst place possible. The installer agreed it looks bad, Lowes agreed it wasn't right....everyone agrees it wasn't done right but that's all they'll do...just agree and pass the buck. Both my Mom and I have called everyone possible many times over, we've both gone down to the store many times. Customer service is absolutely useless. They promise everything and deliver nothing. The carpeting cost over 1,000.00 and looks bad. My Dad has mobility issues and spends most of his time sitting in this room and it's a constant reminder that Lowe's is not standing behind their work. If anyone has any ideas how we can get them to actually fix this please share. My 86 yr old Mom is so upset about this, she feels as if they are just dragging this out to wear her down in the hopes that she'll go away and they are doing a good job. This has been going on since January. Thank you.

Well, I’ll bash them. I was looking for intake A/C vent grill with filter, and yes the size matters whe I have way the vents run. Went online and said local store had 8 25’ by 20”. Go to store and they don’t have any. But, they did have 20” by 25” grill and exactly 8 of them.

So, I go home and order one online With exact size I need. The printout what I ordered show the correct dimension. Guess what I got? Yep, 20 by 25. So, another wasted trip taking the wrong size back. I find quit few computer error at Lowe’s online so you really can’t depend on them having items in stock. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:01 AM
Default Lowes aggravation

So sorry to hear all the stress and aggravation you have been thru. Now is time to recover for that also. Consult an attorney. They can resolve this for you. They can include their fee in the settlement.. and they can put something in there for your time and aggravation. Go to a free consultation and lay out the situation. then you can on with your life. it sounds like you are a loving caring family and this has disrupted you life.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysue View Post
So sorry to hear all the stress and aggravation you have been thru. Now is time to recover for that also. Consult an attorney. They can resolve this for you. They can include their fee in the settlement.. and they can put something in there for your time and aggravation. Go to a free consultation and lay out the situation. then you can on with your life. it sounds like you are a loving caring family and this has disrupted you life.
I don't think a lawyer will sue Lowes for $1,000 on a contingency basis.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:19 AM

Go to channel 9. Lowes built their reputation in customer service. You have given them a chance & they have done nothing. Don't hesitate go to Channel.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:43 AM

Go to corporate, with names of everyone you came in contact with. Press the issue of Dad being having mobility issues and the concern for a bigger issue to occur if they do not come and remove/replace the carpet at once. If corprate gives you the run around, ask to speak to a person who is in a position to make decisions and solve customer service issues.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneroses View Post
Consult with Seniors vs Crime for guidance. According to the website, their offices are still closed for in person visits, but you can submit an on line complaint.

Seniors Vs Crime in The Villages
I agree with this advice. Try Seniors Vs Crimes.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:26 AM

Speak with the store Manager. Not an assistant Manager.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:41 AM
Default That worked for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
Contact Lowes corporate customer service
We had an issue with Lowe’s and carpeting. My hubby called corporate and it was resolved quickly and courteously,
Old 04-11-2021, 12:21 PM

Contact the BBB. I don’t think Lowe’s would welcome a bad review. I did this when I had an issue with a major retailer and they responded very quickly and rectified the problem.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneroses View Post
Consult with Seniors vs Crime for guidance. According to the website, their offices are still closed for in person visits, but you can submit an on line complaint.

Seniors Vs Crime in The Villages
Don't waste your time, NICE folks there but just a place to
""vent", talk with some nice local folks our age, but it's like the BBB, nothing going to happen there.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:11 PM

My daughter ordered a carpet for my bedroom and they came out to measures. When I saw the charges I knew the measurements were wrong. I called the company that was going to do the installation and told them that the measurements were wrong and they were laying the carpet wrong. The seam was going to go across the floor where the seam would show and where the most traffic would be. I sent them a diagram of how they should install the carpet and have the seam UNDER THE BED where it would not show too much. Also I told them the measurements were wrong and I would only pay for the measurements I took which had about 5 yards less of carpet. After about a month they finally gave me a credit after I warned them I was going to small claims court. It doesn't cost much to go to small claims court and they have to have an attorney represent them since they are a corporation and it would cost them more that it is worth. You should represent yourself without an attorney and the Judge will help you out.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:15 PM

I forgot to mention that it was also Loes that my daughter bought the carpet from and had an independent installer install the carpet.
Closed Thread

Tags
lowes, mom, bad, ordered, store

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.