Need recommendations on rectifying problem with Lowes

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2021, 05:11 AM
Default Need recommendations on rectifying problem with Lowes

First off, I'm not bashing Lowes...I'm just honestly stating a problem and looking for recommendations to solve this situation. For my Dad's 90th b'day my Mom and I pooled our money and put new carpet in his "mancave". It was ordered through Lowes. They ordered the wrong size and the installer came up short. They found another piece at the store but it is now seemed very obviously when you walk into the room and the seam leads to the bathroom. I know carpets often need seems but this seem is in the worst place possible. The installer agreed it looks bad, Lowes agreed it wasn't right....everyone agrees it wasn't done right but that's all they'll do...just agree and pass the buck. Both my Mom and I have called everyone possible many times over, we've both gone down to the store many times. Customer service is absolutely useless. They promise everything and deliver nothing. The carpeting cost over 1,000.00 and looks bad. My Dad has mobility issues and spends most of his time sitting in this room and it's a constant reminder that Lowe's is not standing behind their work. If anyone has any ideas how we can get them to actually fix this please share. My 86 yr old Mom is so upset about this, she feels as if they are just dragging this out to wear her down in the hopes that she'll go away and they are doing a good job. This has been going on since January. Thank you.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Offer them a chance to rectify it, or take them to Small Claims court. Don't tolerate their shenanigans....
Old 04-10-2021, 06:02 AM

Contact Lowes corporate customer service
Old 04-10-2021, 06:11 AM

Consult with Seniors vs Crime for guidance. According to the website, their offices are still closed for in person visits, but you can submit an on line complaint.

Seniors Vs Crime in The Villages
Old 04-10-2021, 06:13 AM
Default This will work

This might take a little work but it will deliver results. Do a search and find out who the CEO is of Lowe's and their corporate headquarters phone number. You'll never talk to this person, but your complaint will be given to some regional vice president. And trust me, when you get an order to fix something from that high up, it'll get fixed.
Maybe this sounds like Overkill, and it is. But it's the only way I've found to get above that level of CYA management. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Do what others have suggested.
Didnt they send someone out to measure before doing the installation?
Old 04-10-2021, 06:37 AM
Platinum member

Keep after them. They hope you will just drop it.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

That's pretty sad of Lowes.
Another option is to call Channel 9 (or tell Lowes that's your next step), Television is pretty effective in getting businesses to respond (because they don't want to be on TV).
Old 04-10-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
Contact Lowes corporate customer service
Did that, they promised to handle it and call back on a certain date and then of course never did.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
That's pretty sad of Lowes.
Another option is to call Channel 9 (or tell Lowes that's your next step), Television is pretty effective in getting businesses to respond (because they don't want to be on TV).
My Mom did tell them she would be contacting the newspaper and they said, "no don't do that, we'll take care of you" and never followed through. Channel 9...good idea, I think we'll do that. Thank you.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Morgan & Morgan
For the people.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawnKing View Post
This might take a little work but it will deliver results. Do a search and find out who the CEO is of Lowe's and their corporate headquarters phone number. You'll never talk to this person, but your complaint will be given to some regional vice president. And trust me, when you get an order to fix something from that high up, it'll get fixed.
Maybe this sounds like Overkill, and it is. But it's the only way I've found to get above that level of CYA management. Good luck.
My Mom did manage to get through to corporate HQ in Mooresville, NC on April 2nd. She has a notebook full of everyone she has talked to. They promised her that they would take care of it and call her back on April 6th. It's now the 10th and nobody has called her back. She went to the store AGAIN yesterday and the answer now is that they can replace it with 2 SEAMs!! From one unsightly seem to two seams, what sense does that make??! And then they compliment her hair! I have never in my life seen such horrible customer service.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Do what others have suggested.
Didnt they send someone out to measure before doing the installation?
Yes, they came out to measure. Lowes ordered the wrong size...after ordering the wrong carpet. This whole thing has been one misstep after another.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawnKing View Post
Exactly right. Put your story in a letter, send it registered mail, and address it directly to the CEO. Your letter will get attention, and I'll bet they fix the problem post haste.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:18 AM

How did you pay them? If you paid by credit card just dispute the charge and get the charge reversed. Pretty much guarantee they will work with you to fix the problem to get their money back
Closed Thread

Tags
lowes, mom, bad, ordered, store

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.