Need recommendations on rectifying problem with Lowes

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Offer them a chance to rectify it, or take them to Small Claims court. Don't tolerate their shenanigans....
Have a tee shirt printed “Ask me about Lowe’s...” and go shopping.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawnKing View Post
This might take a little work but it will deliver results. Do a search and find out who the CEO is of Lowe's and their corporate headquarters phone number. You'll never talk to this person, but your complaint will be given to some regional vice president. And trust me, when you get an order to fix something from that high up, it'll get fixed.
Maybe this sounds like Overkill, and it is. But it's the only way I've found to get above that level of CYA management. Good luck.
Marvin R. Ellison | Lowe’s Corporate
Old 04-11-2021, 08:23 AM

Lowe’s did my carpet with no issues. Just get the store manager’s name and tell him he has 48 hours to rectify the issue or you’re going to corporate and make sure you tell the manager the CEO’s name. Just google Lowe’s corporate website and you’ll see all the names of the principle officers. Case closed.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

Go on their website a d post a negative review on both the product and Lowes service also post on social media, Google reviews and any other you can find, they hate negative feedback and will respond. The corporate call in addition too.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:33 AM

We recently moved to Florida. We were in Home Depot and the salesman told us that Florida has a law about purchases made at big box stores. They state stands behind you 100 % and will deal with them. I’m not sure who to call but look it up on the web and find out what it is called. My neighbor just got back $7500 fir a bad job done by Home Depot.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
First off, I'm not bashing Lowes...I'm just honestly stating a problem and looking for recommendations to solve this situation. For my Dad's 90th b'day my Mom and I pooled our money and put new carpet in his "mancave". It was ordered through Lowes. They ordered the wrong size and the installer came up short. They found another piece at the store but it is now seemed very obviously when you walk into the room and the seam leads to the bathroom. I know carpets often need seems but this seem is in the worst place possible. The installer agreed it looks bad, Lowes agreed it wasn't right....everyone agrees it wasn't done right but that's all they'll do...just agree and pass the buck. Both my Mom and I have called everyone possible many times over, we've both gone down to the store many times. Customer service is absolutely useless. They promise everything and deliver nothing. The carpeting cost over 1,000.00 and looks bad. My Dad has mobility issues and spends most of his time sitting in this room and it's a constant reminder that Lowe's is not standing behind their work. If anyone has any ideas how we can get them to actually fix this please share. My 86 yr old Mom is so upset about this, she feels as if they are just dragging this out to wear her down in the hopes that she'll go away and they are doing a good job. This has been going on since January. Thank you.
This happened with us but with a different company when in Pensacola; last large family room seam went wrong way and an eye sore; I said, lets go to the managers and owners homes and see if any areas they have carpet has seams they can see;if it was ran the other way would have been ok ;they replaced it; get Lowes management involved not just sales people; good luck; persistence will get it done
Old 04-11-2021, 08:40 AM

Suggest you write a letter to the CEO of Lowes and explain your situation. It will be read by someone that responds to problems directed to him. I did this with Home Depot and got them to address my problem. His Name is Marvin Ellison, President and CEO, here is his email address, good luck " marvin.ellison@lowes.com "
Old 04-11-2021, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
First off, I'm not bashing Lowes...I'm just honestly stating a problem and looking for recommendations to solve this situation. For my Dad's 90th b'day my Mom and I pooled our money and put new carpet in his "mancave". It was ordered through Lowes. They ordered the wrong size and the installer came up short. They found another piece at the store but it is now seemed very obviously when you walk into the room and the seam leads to the bathroom. I know carpets often need seems but this seem is in the worst place possible. The installer agreed it looks bad, Lowes agreed it wasn't right....everyone agrees it wasn't done right but that's all they'll do...just agree and pass the buck. Both my Mom and I have called everyone possible many times over, we've both gone down to the store many times. Customer service is absolutely useless. They promise everything and deliver nothing. The carpeting cost over 1,000.00 and looks bad. My Dad has mobility issues and spends most of his time sitting in this room and it's a constant reminder that Lowe's is not standing behind their work. If anyone has any ideas how we can get them to actually fix this please share. My 86 yr old Mom is so upset about this, she feels as if they are just dragging this out to wear her down in the hopes that she'll go away and they are doing a good job. This has been going on since January. Thank you.
We of course only hear one side of every issue.

Few know how to properly complain and get action. Hopefully you have documented each person you spoke to name, date, time etc. I assume you desire carpet replacement.
It is very likely that the people you are dealing with simply do not have the power to do this. It is time to find people who do have the power. You mention Lowes. It is true of any corporation. You can look up on the internet who the top people are. Send a registered return receipt letter, RESTRICTED DELIVERY to them by name. Restricted delivery letter, you may well be told at the post office that they have never heard of this.
It does exist. It is expensive to do ????? about $20 or so. The top person will need to sign for your letter. You can bet it will be resolved.

As far as a seam. You possibly can choose not to have a seam. The waste, that you will pay for will dramatically increase your cost.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:42 AM
Default Lowes

I was once a Lowe’s Assistant Store Manager. Call and talk to the Store Manager. They receive bonuses if they exceed their profit for the year. Ask the store manager for the name of their Regional Manager and his/her location and phone number. This will imply you mean business. Tell the store manager that if their install department doesn’t order new carpet and fix this error, you’ll have no choice but to tell the local community through the news media that they don’t care about customer service and fixing their problems. The store manager does have the authority to fix this problem without anyone up the chain. The Lowe’s I know would give away the store to their customers, to the point customers would even take advantage of their generosity on returns and issues.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:47 AM

In my opinion, don’t threaten to take them to TV station, the Lowe’s President, court, etc. just do it. And don’t let it go. Be mad that you’ve been treated poorly and keep after them until it’s fixed.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:57 AM

You never mentioned the size of the room!!!! Carpet has a max dimension in one direction usually width. So you may have a seam no matter what.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larchap49 View Post
Go on their website a d post a negative review on both the product and Lowes service also post on social media, Google reviews and any other you can find, they hate negative feedback and will respond. The corporate call in addition too.
Did that.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkilduff View Post
You never mentioned the size of the room!!!! Carpet has a max dimension in one direction usually width. So you may have a seam no matter what.
Yes, seams are doable but not when you put them right when you walk into the room and have it then lead you to the bathroom. You put a seam in the least conspicuous place, not the most. It's already been agreed upon that they did it wrong, they've fessed up...the problem is getting them to fix it!
Old 04-11-2021, 09:20 AM

Contact Seniors against Crime, don’t trust local store managers
Old 04-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
How did you pay them? If you paid by credit card just dispute the charge and get the charge reversed. Pretty much guarantee they will work with you to fix the problem to get their money back
There is a time limit to do that. The original post states January so I assume too late for that. As far as entering a charge dispute on a credit card, it does work but I wonder why.

The credit card company will tell you that they will only withhold payment for 90 days. I don't think they can or will refuse to pay. My guess as to why it works is that by withholding payment it kicks out on some sort of exception report and someone higher up needs to justify what is going on. We all tend to do the easy. To thoroughly investigate an issue takes hours. To say no, takes almost no time.
Closed Thread

Tags
lowes, mom, bad, ordered, store

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.