Need Roofer

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Default Need Roofer

Anyone have a recommendation for a reputable, local roofer?
Old 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&JMinnesota View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for a reputable, local roofer?
EPIC home repair 5 star in my book..Don't take too long think I need them myself
Old 09-11-2017, 02:11 PM

Sixty per cent of my shingles are gone and can not get a roofer to pick up the phone. Most have full mailboxes. The Homeowners Insurance company after 25 rings automatically hangs up the phone. Desperately need someone to " tarp" the damaged area and there is no one to be found. if there is a roofer out there somewhere this is a pretty big job, not just a patch.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Sixty per cent of my shingles are gone and can not get a roofer to pick up the phone. Most have full mailboxes. The Homeowners Insurance company after 25 rings automatically hangs up the phone. Desperately need someone to " tarp" the damaged area and there is no one to be found. if there is a roofer out there somewhere this is a pretty big job, not just a patch.
Wish I could help you and I wish you luck. I have to ask. Are you calling an agent or an Insurance Company. I would think an agent will not be working today. An Insurance Company should be set-up to take calls today. Name of the company please. You can get any company to take a premium ..... you need a company that answers their phone when you need them.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Sage

I have seen roofing trucks around town prior to the storm for Sacks Roofing 352-430-2773 it says on internet they close at 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM

I got through to the agent. It is The Villages Insurance. They gave me the insurance company's number and counseled patience. The company is ASI/Progressive and when you get through the telephone tree and on to the line to report an Irma related non- flood claim there is a phone extension that rings 25 times and then hangs up. It really bugs me you can not leave information and ask for a callback, but you absolutely can not. Bad management not to have a hotline set up to take claim info for an Irma like event in my opinion and you are correct, you better not be late with the premium payment ! I want to report the claim and also ask them who to use to tarp the roof. Can't get through. Oh, by the way there is a little flyer on their web site that says if you do not tarp any more damage associated with your failure to do so is not covered.

I also tried Sacks roofing. Full mailbox. Can't leave a message.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Sage

I called Villages insurance this morning and it said to press a certain number to leave a messg to file a claim for hurricane damage. I did this and they called me back a few hours later. I have a $500 hurricane deductible and the tree that is teetering over the neighbor's house cost $750 to remove. I hired the first company I could find to take down the tree. I took lots of photos. I paid up front to protect my neighbor's house and will worry about filing the claim later in the week. If it were me I would find the first company you can to put on the tarp. Take lots of photos before and after. Make the call also. I hope you get through.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:59 PM

I would recommend Batterbee roofers. They are highly recommended here on TOTV. The only reason that we did not hire them is because they were honest enough to tell us that the roof was good enough to last a few more years.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
I got through to the agent. It is The Villages Insurance. They gave me the insurance company's number and counseled patience. The company is ASI/Progressive and when you get through the telephone tree and on to the line to report an Irma related non- flood claim there is a phone extension that rings 25 times and then hangs up. It really bugs me you can not leave information and ask for a callback, but you absolutely can not. Bad management not to have a hotline set up to take claim info for an Irma like event in my opinion and you are correct, you better not be late with the premium payment ! I want to report the claim and also ask them who to use to tarp the roof. Can't get through. Oh, by the way there is a little flyer on their web site that says if you do not tarp any more damage associated with your failure to do so is not covered.

I feel bad for you in this situation. I was wondering if the Villages management could help with a temporary tarp so you don't get any more damage until the insurance co. can step in?
Old 09-11-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:

I was having the same problem with ASI, then submitted my claim online. That won't solve your local roofer question, but at least you will get your claim filed. Google "ASI online claim".
Old 09-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I feel bad for you in this situation. I was wondering if the Villages management could help with a temporary tarp so you don't get any more damage until the insurance co. can step in?
I would disagree. The Villages management will not, nor should they be expected or hoped that they would, tarp a roof. As homeowners, it is our responsibility, and there are too many liability pitfalls to the developer to recommend anyone.

The best that one can do is to go out and buy tarps for the roof and put them on yourself (or if you can't maybe a neighbor can help). It is probably too late to buy tarps now (but check anyway) as there was/is most likely a run on them-just like there was on water, batteries, etc. before the storm. I know Lowes had a bunch of them before they closed on Saturday, if they were closed today, you might be able to go online and order some tarps for pickup.

I would also recommend searching this site for roofer recommendations versus waiting for responses here. You'll want to call and get on any list you can, and if the voicemail is full, keep calling back until you can leave a message. Hopefully you can find someone sooner rather than later.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Sage

My son works for one of the largest roofing supply companies in Florida. This is the company that supplies all of the roofing materials to roofing contractors. He does this is south Florida. He called his office and they will be open at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. If they can be open in South Florida they will probably be open here as there is a branch in Ocala. This is a good thing to know that the roofers are able to get their supplies.

Last edited by jnieman; 09-11-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I know it's frustrating but ASI is a national company and over a million people are impacted by Harvey and so many more south of us . We aren't the only ones impacted by a storm.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Dan Shepler roofing

Tags
roofer, reputable, local, recommendation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.