Need someone who can sketch or draw to help me......

Old 01-20-2024, 08:03 PM
Default Need someone who can sketch or draw to help me......

Is there anyone out there skilled in sketching (rooms and such)? I am looking for a draftsman (or just a person that is good at drawing) to draw some sketches for me (or show me how to). I am working on our house, and I need drawings of an add on bathroom, laundry room and closet, etc., that I am planning on having built onto our home. Anyone out there? Please PM me if you can be of help. TIA
Old 01-20-2024, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

If you can get your house plans (floorplan at a minimum) I have imported this into Word, and made several sketches for ARC filings as well as sending to contractors for estimates. NOTE: these will not be suitable for the final ARC approval as they generally want the drawings from the contractor, but these can be used to make sure what you want to do can be done. These will NOT have any roofing consideration, foundations, etc., which require licensed engineers.

Send me a PM if you are interested so we can get together, I am just South of 466a.

Last edited by villagetinker; 01-20-2024 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added contact info
Old 01-20-2024, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
Is there anyone out there skilled in sketching (rooms and such)? I am looking for a draftsman (or just a person that is good at drawing) to draw some sketches for me (or show me how to). I am working on our house, and I need drawings of an add on bathroom, laundry room and closet, etc., that I am planning on having built onto our home. Anyone out there? Please PM me if you can be of help. TIA
Have you contacted or are you working with a Villages design team? They usually TELL YOU how big an add-on can be and draw up the specifications. You will be wasting your time without contacting them first.

IF you already own a home, simply put, there are things that cannot be done. The contractor/builder is the ONLY person who can supply the right answers. He/she will draw up the specifications. Again, you may be wasting your time. Talk to your contractor/builder FIRST. At the very least, they can give you the projected cost. That alone may stop you cold in your tracks.

Last edited by Randall55; 01-20-2024 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2024, 06:02 PM

There are numerous online design tools available for what you want to do (some of them free), or places like Office Depot, Amazon, etc. sell software for that purpose.

I would be glad to help you, but the programs I used are proprietary, and they stayed with the company when I retired.
Old 01-21-2024, 06:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,053 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma318 View Post
There are numerous online design tools available for what you want to do (some of them free), or places like Office Depot, Amazon, etc. sell software for that purpose.

I would be glad to help you, but the programs I used are proprietary, and they stayed with the company when I retired.
There are 6 FREE CAD programs listed on this site. Anyone who knows how to use a computer and mouse, can design with them. Apple's very first program (MacPaint), in 1984, was essentially a CAD program.

12 Best CAD Software 2023 (For Every Skill Level!) - 3DSourced
Old 01-21-2024, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I am still not certain what you are trying to do. It sounds like you only want to create a rough drawing. If so, buy some graph paper. Use one square as 1 sq ft.

Example: if you want a 9×7 room, count 9 squares over and 7 squares down. You can easily trace the lines to create the outline of the room. Create the other room and closet using the same format.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
After rereading your request, I realized I was assuming that you were making changes to an existing house. If as another poster pointed out this is a new build, then as they suggested you need to deal with the sales agent and they will have all of the tools to do what you want, but as I understand the current situation they are not making alterations to standard designs.

Tags
draw, drawings, add, bathroom, laundry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.