Needed, retirees that want to work PT assisting others within our community.

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Default Needed, retirees that want to work PT assisting others within our community.

I visited this facility and was impressed at the quality of care, but most of all the residences within the Villages who spend free time, working 4 hours a day with others. if your looking to work 1 day or 5 days a week, this is rewarding.

Sumter Grand (Independent Living)

Needed immediately
4 servers (4 pm – 8 pm) No experience necessary, but need to be able to keep up with a fast paced dinner service

1 or 2 servers for breakfast service (6 am start time) – PT: No experience needed, the pace of breakfast service is much slower than dinner

Sumter Place in; The Villages
1550 Killingsworth Way Just off of (466-A)
The Villages, FL 32162
352-674-3503
Old 09-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Is this a nonprofit facility?
Old 09-13-2016, 05:13 PM

not sure, it was a beautiful place, very friendly, the staff were of various ages, many live in the Villages. I started talking to staff and they said they are in need of wonderful people to work PT serving residents, not sure of pay or anything else. I plan on applying myself just to remain around great caring people and helping the residents. I am not an outdoors person, so this is a great way to stay involved. who knows, I may see you there.

Have a beautiful day !
Old 09-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

People pay a lot of $$$$ to live in all of the high end assisted livings in The Villages. It is absolutely NOT non profit and I am sure they are paying something for these positions, these are not volunteer jobs. Volunteering in an assisted living might be doing a craft project or visiting or playing cards. It is not doing labor. Rates probably start for basic studio and no services at $3800 a month or so, with meals. Not sure but that would be about in the ball park. Can go up to $10,000 for full time personal care with memory care I would estimate.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Sage

You're right, Jane. After a tour last year, I brought home the brochures. After the reaction I got when I quoted the $6,000 rent per month for their larger apt. to the spouse, the brochures went directly to recycle. This was Sumter Grande Independent Living and it is not assisted living. They had a very nice dining room with good food. Those who can afford it do not need "assistance."

Last edited by Carla B; 09-13-2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added something
Old 09-14-2016, 06:48 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Yes independent living is different from assisted. Independent is for those who do not need personal care, though it can be hired privately if needed, but who want their meals in a beautiful dining room, concierge services, activities in and outside of the independent living, a nice pool which assisted living never has, lovely communal living space outside your apartment, and no maintenance that a home has. Sumter Grande is gorgeous and five star Independent Living, and yes, expensive. You do retain all the benefits of The Villages.

Five star Assisted Living offers meals, activities, if in The Villages access to activities and amenities; but it also has the built in care so as you need assistance, you can pay more and increase it according to your needs. There is also nursing staff, built in rehab, and many care aides. The costs go up and up according to your needs and you can expect a 3-5% increase annually.

I am a licensed Assisted Living Administrator though not associated with any property. As I have said on this forum many times before, PLEASE look beyond the chandelier when you walk in and the beauty of the assisted living communities. Ask how long the Administrator has been there and how many they have had; how many nursing hours are provided a week; ratio of caregivers to residents; look at most recent State surveys, complaints and investigations; talk to residents and family members about their experiences; eat more than two meals there before making a decision; find out where their transportation will take you to and how far it goes; ask about their annual increases; find out about activities, live entertainment and outings; and check out the management company that is responsible for operations and how many times if any management companies have changed
Old 09-14-2016, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
People pay a lot of $$$$ to live in all of the high end assisted livings in The Villages. It is absolutely NOT non profit and I am sure they are paying something for these positions, these are not volunteer jobs. Volunteering in an assisted living might be doing a craft project or visiting or playing cards. It is not doing labor. Rates probably start for basic studio and no services at $3800 a month or so, with meals. Not sure but that would be about in the ball park. Can go up to $10,000 for full time personal care with memory care I would estimate.
"People pay a lot of $$$$ to live in all the high end assisted livings" everywhere across the USA!!!

I have relatives who live in such facilities in two different states up north, and the prices are about the same as Sumter Grande. Newsflash: It's their money and they earned and saved and manage it to last so they don't have to go on the public dole!

At the same time, I hear of a nasty old lady who squandered (here) all the money she and nasty husband amassed in NYC, and to stay in facilities here, she makes up phony reasons to SUE businesses here to extort them into paying her $15-20,000 which is less than the defendant's cost of starting the engines of lawyering the case for years.

It's extortion and she's on her 3rd or 4th lawsuit here, with one being an assisted living where she got booted for lengthy non-payment, and two being restaurants in TV. Her nasty "kids" in Miami have nothing to do with her now that she's penniless. Now she's been kicked out enough times that she's in a dumpier place that's cheaper, but she will find reasons to sue them, too. Lawyers always seem to be available for such grifters!

I'm sure she's not the only one here in TV who sues people to extort money based on lies so they can live in a facility here. So: I appreciate people who pay their own bills for a place like Sumter Grande....which probably has to spend a fortune on malpractice and liability insurance and attorneys!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Gold member

Just thinking ....

a cruise ship would run..inside cabin.. aproximatly $1100 a week.

x4 would be around $4400 a month...... probably less

Food, room service, maid service, sceniery, new people every week....loads of entertainment......

with all that....who needs assisted living.....
Old 09-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Platinum member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
"People pay a lot of $$$$ to live in all the high end assisted livings" everywhere across the USA!!!

I have relatives who live in such facilities in two different states up north, and the prices are about the same as Sumter Grande. Newsflash: It's their money and they earned and saved and manage it to last so they don't have to go on the public dole!

At the same time, I hear of a nasty old lady who squandered (here) all the money she and nasty husband amassed in NYC, and to stay in facilities here, she makes up phony reasons to SUE businesses here to extort them into paying her $15-20,000 which is less than the defendant's cost of starting the engines of lawyering the case for years.

It's extortion and she's on her 3rd or 4th lawsuit here, with one being an assisted living where she got booted for lengthy non-payment, and two being restaurants in TV. Her nasty "kids" in Miami have nothing to do with her now that she's penniless. Now she's been kicked out enough times that she's in a dumpier place that's cheaper, but she will find reasons to sue them, too. Lawyers always seem to be available for such grifters!

I'm sure she's not the only one here in TV who sues people to extort money based on lies so they can live in a facility here. So: I appreciate people who pay their own bills for a place like Sumter Grande....which probably has to spend a fortune on malpractice and liability insurance and attorneys!

Not sure what your point is?
Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Not sure what your point is?
The attitude shown above and in the quote below, toward for-profit facilities and people who spend their own money for them, is clear.

Quote:
"Those who can afford it do not need "assistance."
And by the way, here is a Jobs online link for the paid servers this nice facility is seeking:

Server (Part-time) job - Sumter Grand - The Villages, FL | Indeed.com

Last edited by goodtimesintv; 09-14-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:13 AM
Platinum member

seems like the responders to this post are getting off topic.

The OP was just saying that if there is anyone out there who would like a part time job working with elderly people in a nice environment, this is a good option.

NOTHING about volunteering, the cost of assisted living or anything relating to that.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 09-18-2016, 10:48 PM

Ummmmm.
Just a smattering of hostility, no??
Wow.
If you want to jump on that bandwagon, I suppose you need to pick up your pace a bit.
What gives?
I do Hope you take time to ALLOW YOURSELF SOME JOY.
I wish you peace. Paz!
Old 09-19-2016, 12:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Just thinking ....

a cruise ship would run..inside cabin.. aproximatly $1100 a week.

x4 would be around $4400 a month...... probably less

Food, room service, maid service, sceniery, new people every week....loads of entertainment......

with all that....who needs assisted living.....
Hmmm, not sure you could get a cabin steward to change your Depends!
Old 09-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Hmmm, not sure you could get a cabin steward to change your Depends!
Plus you gotta go somewhere else between sailings...

Tags
service, needed, villages, day, dinner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.