Neighbor's Dogs Using Our Backyard

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Default Neighbor's Dogs Using Our Backyard

to poop in. They moved in a few months ago, and let their animals out their back door to do their business. They live a few doors down from us, and I've only had to clean up their mess three times, but that is three times too many. I'm reluctant to make a huge deal about this, e.g., call The Villages, but it is starting to annoy me. Any thoughts on how this should be handled? Thanks.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Stop down and introduce yourself. Mention that you think their dog has gotten lose a couple of times and gone in your yard so you would appreciate it if they could make sure he was on a leash when he was out of their yard. Try and educate them and make them a friend.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Gold member

Well said RJM, That's how I would handle it too. If you happen to see their dog in your yard it wouldn't hurt to snap a pic or two if you have your camera or phone handy.
I've rarely had an issue with a neighbor which could not be resolved with a conversation and perhaps a brew or a cup of joe.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

What I did was ask my neighbor to be on the lookout for someone walking their dog through our backyards since I had found poop back there a couple of times. I knew it was their dog but this way they didn't have to admit it was theirs unless they wanted to and I didn't have to confront them about the issue. It saved face and, more importantly, worked.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

These are clever ideas and it also wouldn't hurt to drop a line about the fact that you bought a shinny new BB gun from Wal-mart.........

fumar the marksman .....
Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
These are clever ideas and it also wouldn't hurt to drop a line about the fact that you bought a shinny new BB gun from Wal-mart.........

fumar the marksman .....
I am surprised that Fumar did not suggest a barbecue with the offending dogs as the main course!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Platinum member

Is Fumar Korean? My dad told me that the Koreans ate dogs when he was there.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Banned

I have been in my garage and had neighbors letting their dogs do the doo doo in my yard many many times in the short three months we have lived here. I know it is wrong and have said so on this board, but I just don't think it is a big enough violation to my privacy to say anything to them. We never use the yard for anything and I see no damage being done so Doggies of Duval come and doo doo that doo doo that you doo so well right here on my front yard.

NOTE: Please remind your masters to pick up the big pieces.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Card View Post
I have been in my garage and had neighbors letting their dogs do the doo doo in my yard many many times in the short three months we have lived here. I know it is wrong and have said so on this board, but I just don't think it is a big enough violation to my privacy to say anything to them. We never use the yard for anything and I see no damage being done so Doggies of Duval come and doo doo that doo doo that you doo so well right here on my front yard.

Does your neighbor pick up after thier dog ?

WILLY
Old 09-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Founder

I'm guessing this is in the top three issues to be discussed since TOTV started almost 4 years ago.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Taltarzac
Default Great attitude, Lou Card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Card View Post

Great to see some neighborly dog fanciers posting, Lou Card.

I try to clean up my dog's poop when he is out and usually get most of it unless it is runny.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
to poop in. They moved in a few months ago, and let their animals out their back door to do their business. They live a few doors down from us, and I've only had to clean up their mess three times, but that is three times too many. I'm reluctant to make a huge deal about this, e.g., call The Villages, but it is starting to annoy me. Any thoughts on how this should be handled? Thanks.
When we return in October we will find poop in the backyard. When we are north our neighbors don't have to walk THROUGH our back yard to cut through to the Odell center to let their dog poop there....they don't carry bags so I am assuming that they leave it there on the ground at the Odell.

Fortunately SOME of it will biodegrade. The walking through bothers me although it doesn't HARM anything.

I am in a bad mood. I still don't like Lauren Ritchies attitude. I find in uncaring and gloating.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-03-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by `willy View Post
Does your neighbor pick up after thier dog ?

WILLY
Yes they do willy. So far after 3 months, I have not noticed anything left in the yard.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
Great to see some neighborly dog fanciers posting, Lou Card.

I try to clean up my dog's poop when he is out and usually get most of it unless it is runny.
Walking thru runny dog poop in my yard is not something that I look forward to. (maybe you should carry a sponge).
Old 09-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Walking thru runny dog poop in my yard is not something that I look forward to. (maybe you should carry a sponge).
Boy Howdy!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.